YouTube Sensation and Comedienne Anita Renfroe To Bring Estrogen-Based Comedy To The Grand Ole Opry October 23rd
One of the country's top female comediennes with 20-million YouTube views, Anita Renfroe will join an all-star lineup for the Grand Ole Opry's Hats Off To Minnie! Tuesday, October 23rd, 7:00 PM CDT. The evening will celebrate the life of one of the most beloved country performers, Minnie Pearl, in honor of Pearl's 100th birthday. Renfroe, who just released her new DVD, "I'm Not High Maintenance, Just Low Tolerance," will delight the Opry audience with her hilarious take on everyday life that resonates with all Americans. Tickets are available online at www.opry.com and five dollars from every ticket purchased will be donated to The Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation. Among others scheduled for the Tuesday night show are Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Mel Tillis and Pam Tillis.
Like Us on Facebook
"As a comic there was no one more formative to my early love of comedy than Minnie Pearl," explains Renfroe. "She was one of very few females that forged a place for women to step up to the mic and bring wholesome laughter to audiences. I consider it an incredible honor to be asked to perform at her 100th year celebration. If I could time travel back to being 7 years old growing up in rural Texas, and watching HEE HAW on Saturday nights, and know at that time I would perform at the Grand Ole Opry in Minnie Pearl's honor, I never would have believed it. Plus, I would have told my 7- year-old self to moisturize my neck, seek out Honey Boo Boo and be her agent!"
Before her Opry performance on Tuesday night, Renfroe will also be a featured performer at an intimate fundraising event by The Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation, Center Stage at the Opry, Monday, October 22nd, 6:00 PM CDT. Featured live performances include Renfroe, Amy Grant, Vince Gill, The Oak Ridge Boys, Roy Clark, and Clare Bowen (star of ABC's hit series Nashville). Also attending will be U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander and Nashville Mayor Karl Dean. For tickets and more information please visit www.minniepearl.org.
About Anita Renfroe
Comedienne/Author Anita Renfroe became an overnight Internet sensation when her YouTube Momsense video sung to the tune of, "The William Tell Overture," was viewed by millions in just under three minutes, http://www.youtube.com/user/anitarenfroe3?feature=results_main. As a result of the instant exposure, Renfroe became a popular featured guest on several high-profile entertainment shows and news programs that include, Today Show, Dr. Phil. Fox & Friends, CBS The Early Show, and a stint as a comedy contributor for Good Morning America. At the same time, Renfroe garnered extensive print coverage with New York Times, Readers Digest, Women's Day and Washington Post. Her comedy routines are in regular rotation on Sirius/XM's Blue Collar Radio and Laugh USA, which are available on her six DVD and album projects. Renfroe has authored six books, taken part in the Mom-themed national campaign for LUVS diapers, selected as a national spokesperson for the Got Milk ads, and wrote and appeared in the national TV commercial for KGB. Renfroe is currently on tour this fall with recording artist Mark Schultz, and in November she will embark on a two-month tour with Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman, as well as Grammy winner Laura Story and many more on the 12 Gifts of Christmas Tour. Renfroe is wife to her "hunka burnin' love" John, and mother to three adult children. When they are not standing at the luggage carousel in various airports looking for their bags, so she can put on clean clothes before the next comedy concert, they reside in suburban Atlanta, GA where sweet tea is always on the menu. More information is available online at www.anitarenfore.com.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK