'The Fatherless' Documentary – A Son’s Perspective By WriteWay-Music
WriteWay-Music, a UK based 4-member group made up of young men who have grown up in the city of London have taken a deeper look at the role of a Father in a child's life and the affect a good or bad Father can have, not only on their children but in society and especially youth culture in a 10 minute heart-felt video documentary released on 11th June 2012 on YouTube.
Like Us on Facebook
The documentary (which was filmed by Dvisionaiir) touches on topics of absent Father's, broken trust, identity and also the impact of an active, loving and committed Father all from the perspective of a son.
The 4 members of the group, Tunde "Tunday" Balogun, Robert "Presha J" Awuku, Leké Akinyemi and Dwayne "Rhema" Edwards took to twitter asking their army of followers varying questions on the role their Father's had played in their lives. Sadly, while there were some great, positive comments, the cry of The Fatherless was seen on the time lines of twitter with various people young and old sharing how they were negatively affected by Fatherlessness.
In a report titled 'Dad And Me' (commissioned by Addaction and carried out by Martin Glynn), it was discovered that Fatherless young people are 80.3% more likely to be involved in anti-social behaviour, 76.4% more likely to take part in crime, 69.1% more likely to use take drugs. The impact of Fatherhood (or the lack of it) is evident in society as the statistics show.
This Sunday (17th June 2012) is a day that will be celebrated by some, hated by many and have no meaning to countless others... This day is known as Fathers Day, a day where children honour their Fathers for the pivotal role they have played in their lives although sadly for many children young and old this isn't even a possibility.
While engaging with followers on twitter Tunday shared a piece of his story that many don't know...
"One thing I haven't told many people is that at the age of 17 I plotted to get my dad stabbed several times. Forgiveness definitely came from God."
"What hurt me so much was that he knew where my family & I lived but refused to mend the broken pieces. So I thought he might as well be dead."
@SOULSISTAAA joined in the conversation replying to Tunday's tweets saying, "I can fully relate... I thought bout getting my Dad killed many times, used to picture it!....until Forgiveness from God came."
This leads on to further findings from the Addaction report where they warned tha t"...those who haven't known their father can suffer from dangerous sub-conscious anger. This type of anger goes unnoticed, unchecked and is not detectable. If triggered or released the outcome is detrimental to friends and family who have to pick up the pieces after the bomb has exploded," the report goes on to say. (For full article follow this link: http://tiny.cc/Addaction)
Tunday, Presha J, Lekè and Rhema all have different experiences of Fatherhood that can relate to people of all walks of life. Through sharing their experiences they hope that others will not only see the negatives of being Fatherless but also see the positive impact a Father can have and also encourage those who have great Father's to appreciate and cherish them.
Although none of their lives have been perfect (with or without a Father) they have risen up as young men who are an asset to society inspiring right living by encouraging people to live life the right way using music, film and mentoring to make a difference in their local communities and the world at large.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK