Cantinas Music Festival Announces National Christian Singer/Songwriter Contest
The Cantinas Ranch Foundation kicks off the Cantinas Worship Song Competition, a national Christian singer/songwriter talent competition conducted online now at www.CantinasMusicFestival.com via video submission. Entries will be accepted from June 18 - August 18, 2012. The top three finalists will perform at the inaugural Cantinas Music Festival on August 25, 2012 in Paso Robles, CA at the Event Center and perform live during the day festival on the Watermusic stage for a chance to win a $2,000 cash prize. The winner will be announced from the main stage in front of an audience of 3,500.
Like Us on Facebook
To qualify, video submissions must showcase an eligible* artist performing an original, Christian-themed song that he or she wrote for the contest. Judges appointed by the Cantinas Ranch Foundation will choose three finalists to travel to the Cantinas Music Festival in Paso Robles to perform their songs before a live audience and celebrity guest judges. Each finalist will receive free transportation to and from the event, lodging for two nights, $100 in spending money and tickets to the festival.
The first annual Cantinas Music Festival will feature a full day of festival-style family entertainment followed by an evening of live performances by top Christian bands including MercyMe (the number one Christian rock group in the US with over seven million albums sold), The Newsboys, Building 429, The Groovaloos, and new pop artist Kylie Hughes. General admission tickets to Cantinas Music Festival ($33) are available online now at www.CantinasMusicFestival.com. All military receive a 15% discount. VIP Lounge tickets (which include dinner and beverages for ages 21 and over, complimentary childcare, VIP seating and a parking pass, $125) and VIP tickets (for all ages to the concert only, $75) are also available.
The Worship Song Competition is conducted by the Cantinas Ranch Foundation (22917 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 300, Malibu, CA 90265). The foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire Christian teen and college-level artists and to promote healthy family values and interaction through the arts. The Foundation is a longtime personal dream of Wayne and Wendy Hughes, California natives who are philanthropists, business owners and parents. The Cantinas Music Festival is a Cantinas Ranch Production by Executive Producer Carla Patterson and Co- Executive Producer Karen Waldron.
Questions and comments relating to the Cantinas Talent Search should be directed to: TalentSearch@cantinasmusicfestival.com. For more information about Cantinas Music Festival, visit www.CantinasMusicFestival.com.
* Submissions must be approximately 3 minutes in length; limited to one submission per person; contestants must be at least 18 years old. Read the full terms and conditions at www.Facebook.com/CantinasMusicFestival.
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK