Woman & 222-Pound Loss
For a lot of us, getting "in shape," has been the to-do list for quite some time. New Years resolutions have come and gone, with little to no change to our daily routines, despite a novel attempt at reformation. Aimee Smith of Janesville, Wisconsin is not a lot of us. And she didn't wait until New Years to make a change.
On January 16th, ABC News ran a story about a woman who lost 222 pounds and now competes in marathons and 10ks. It would be easy to assess the character of someone weighing in at a little less than 430 pounds as lazy and deserving of consequences resulting from what seems like a terrifyingly unhealthy lifestyle. Smith would have agreed.
Like Us on Facebook
"My knees hurt, my back hurt. I had high blood pressure. I was pre-diabetic. I was going down a bad path," she says. "I'm sure carrying around 400 pounds wasn't doing my health any favors." (ABC News)
Smith wasn't even aware of her actual weight because her scale maxed out at 300 pounds. Once she bought a new scale, she realized the need to transform her lifestyle. Since having gastric bypass surgery and a complete overhaul of her diet she has lost half of her body weight in 2 years. She worked with a health coach to help with the psychological aspects of obesity and food addiction.
She told ABC News, "You've got to change your relationship with food. Start thinking of it as fuel rather than a friend you can rush to whenever you're having an emotional problem."
She's currently in training mode for the Wisconsin marathon in May and has her heart set on one day competing in an Iron Man triathlon.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK