Who is the man behind Jesus on "The Bible" series History Channel? [VIDEO]
Diogo Morgado is the actor playing Jesus on the hit mini-series, "The Bible", on The History Channel which aired it's third episode last night.
Morgado, 33, is a Portugel native who got his professional career started at the age of 14 when he started modeling. He has been acting now for almost 15 years with most of his experience in the "soap opera" tv genre.
Like Us on Facebook
When producers Mark Burnell ("Survivor", "The Apprentice") and Roma Downey ("Touched By An Angel") were searching for the right actor to play Jesus, they knew it was a tall order. He had to be a great mix of so many characteristics for it to come across genuine.
"A lot of prayers went into finding Diogo," Downey recalls. "We needed both a lion and a lamb, an actor who was charismatic and physically strong yet humble and gentle." She and Burnett were impressed with Morgado's audition video, and a meeting was quickly set. "When we saw him walking up the pathway to our house, we knew we'd found our Jesus," Downey says. "Most young actors today have a swagger. Diogo has a wonderful humility, a stillness. He is the heartbeat of our piece."
We, as an audience, finally got our first glimpse of Diogo playing Jesus in the final scenes of episode #3 last night. We will have to wait until next week to really find out what kind of performance he will give and how the portrayal of the most popular person ever will show up on screen.
I have faith in the producers and directors though, as through 3 episodes so far, the acting and cinema display have been fantastic. I believe episodes #4 and #5 will have no let down.
Whether or not people agree with the choice of Diogo Morgado playing the role of Jesus, I hope the millions of people watching will be impacted at a heart and soul level of the greatness of the real Jesus and His revolution to change the world.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK