What Parents Need To Know When Their Kids Play Video Games
Technology changes with every generation. Since the video game industry seemingly doubles by the year, new parents have to figure out a way to raise a new generation of children that is so obsessed with video games. Here are a few steps to monitor you child's safety while they participate in the multi-billion dollar industry that affects 2 out of every 3 American homes.
Remember, children aren't entitled to video games. It's important to remind your child that entertainment is a privilege, not a basic human right. Raising your child with the mindset that entertainment can be lost or earned can prove to be a useful parenting technique.
Like Us on Facebook
Moderation is key. Sugar isn't inherently bad, as long as it's balanced with different food groups and a little bit of exercise. Avoid obsessive video game play. A simple rule could be to limit "week day" playing (30-60 minutes), letting them play longer on the weekends and holidays. Try to balance their "guilty pleasures" with activities that increase social behavior and provide physical and mental exercise.
Children play video games that are meant for adults. The idea that video games are only for kids is a mistake. Violent content constantly underrated for kids. Children today emulate things that are exposed to them via entertainment channels: TV, video games, and popular music. You can't shield them from everything but you can try to monitor when and how much exposure they get at one time. The trick is understanding how your child deals with abstract thinking, and their overall sense of right and wrong.
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK