Valerie Harper to Discuss her Terminal Cancer Diagnosis on The Doctors
In a daytime television exclusive, Valerie Harper joins the Emmy Award-winning syndicated daytime talk show, The Doctors, on Monday, March 11 (check local listings) for her first on-camera interview following her announcement of terminal brain cancer. Harper, whose doctors have given her as little as three months to live, opens up to the co-hosts of The Doctors about how she and her family have managed since receiving the devastating news, and how she plans to live out her remaining days.
Like Us on Facebook
Harper, an adored television icon perhaps best known for her role on the critically acclaimed "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spin-off, "Rhoda," learned of the fatal diagnosis in January when doctors discovered she suffers from leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare and incurable form of brain cancer. Co-host and ER physician, Dr. Travis Stork, takes viewers through an in-depth look at the probable course of this disease and explains why it is difficult to treat.
Harper is joined on stage by her husband, Tony Cacciotti, who exclusively reveals on The Doctors that he initially hid the diagnosis from his wife after first hearing it from her doctors. Harper is also joined by "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" cast mates Cloris Leachman and Ed Asner.
"I have to tell you I am blown away by her resilience and her resolve in the face of such a dire, dire diagnosis," said Dr. Travis Stork.
When asked where she was when the diagnosis came, Harper shared, "I didn't get it because my husband hid it. Poor baby; he was so bereft. [The doctors] said there is nothing we can do for her and [she has] three to six months; maybe."
The Doctors also welcomes the team of Cedars Sinai physicians treating Valerie Harper's brain cancer, neuro-oncologist Dr. Jeremy Rudnick and oncologist Dr. Ronald Natale, to shed light on her specific treatment.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK