Update on Tracy Stuffle with The Perrys
Based out of Gallatin, Tennessee, The Perrys are a professional Southern gospel quartet now in need of their Christian faith more than ever. On January 21st, bass singer Tracy Stuffle suffered a massive stroke caused by bleeding of the brain, leaving him unconscious with high fevers and blood pressure, along with continued internal bleeding. With his faithful wife Libbi by his side, constant updates on his condition have been given, keeping Tracy's fans and loved ones informed. After almost 10 days, the bleeding ceased and signs of the brain's healing were beginning to show, providing hope in what was seeming to be a hopeless situation. The doctors began to decrease Tracy's sedatives once he continued to show signs of improvement, keeping a close eye on the stability of his blood pressure and vitals. On February 7th, extensive improvement was shown when Tracy was finally able to wake up, squeezing his wife's hand and showing signs of movement in his left leg and foot. The progress was slow, but it continued on from there, with Tracy able to smile, nod in response, and stay awake for longer periods of time. Rough days and a step back in progress was inevitable, but Tracy's condition continued to steadily improve over time, with doctors gradually introducing medical procedures in hopes of assisting his recovery.
A major step forward was taken when Tracy underwent a procedure replacing the drainage cath in his brain, resulting in him being more alert and responsive than ever, even able to sit up for the first time in 32 days. Frustration was felt when improvements abruptly stopped, with the new drainage cath beginning to fail, and bleeding beginning once again. After multiple replacement attempts, the fifth new drainage cath was effective immediately, once again providing necessary hope in an increasingly discouraging situation. Libbi continued to provide daily updates on Tracy's condition, accounting for the small struggles and setbacks in what continued to be consistent improvement. On March 12th, Libbi announced he was able to open his eyes on his own for the first time, writing her praises to God concerning the incredible sign of healing. The latest updates on Tracy only provide encouragement, with accounts of him staying awake for long periods of time, able to look around and increasingly respond to visitors, and endure the stretching exercises performed on him.
Through all of the updates given, the strength and passion of Libbi's faith in God is continuously threaded through her writing, with praises of adoration and prayers for healing consistent in each post. It is not always easy to understand God's plan through times of trial and despair, yet the comfort found in turning to Him through it all is irreplaceable. Libbi's unwavering faith is a true testament to others, revealing that through the darkest of times, a light of hope and healing can be found in turning to God, providing the strength and assurance necessary in such a time of tribulation.
Like Us on Facebook
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK