Five-Time GRAMMY® Winner TobyMac Continues Whirlwind Year with First Ever American Music Award
It's been quite a year for five-time GRAMMY® Award winner TobyMac with his new album EYE ON IT hitting No. 1 on the overall Billboard Top 200, multiple national television appearances including Fox & Friends, Good Morning America and The View and featured media spotlights in Billboard Magazine, Los Angeles Times, People Magazine and Time.com, among others. Now, to add to his whirlwind year, TobyMac has garnered his first career American Music Award. The multi-platinum selling artist received the award for Favorite Artist in the Contemporary/Inspirational category last night at the 40th annual American Music Awards. The annual award show was broadcasted live from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. and for the sixth year, fans determined the winners by voting online.
Like Us on Facebook
When learning he had won the award before his Winter Jam set in Fresno, TobyMac said, "This is my first AMA! I still can't believe it. It is so meaningful to me because the people I'm thinking about when I'm writing these songs are the ones who vote. Thank YOU guys from the bottom of my heart!
TobyMac just wrapped-up headlining the Winter Jam West Coast Tour and will kick-off his "HITS DEEP" tour the last week of November. Joining him on the tour are Chris August, Jamie Grace, Group 1 Crew, Brandon Heath, Mandisa and Britt Nicole who will perform some of their hit songs in an exciting night of music. TobyMac will headline the Winter Jam East Coast Tour beginning in January 2013. For more information on his upcoming schedule, visit http://www.tobymac.com/tour/.
With over 11 million units in career sales, TobyMac's career continues on the fast track, with his most recent project, EYE ON IT, garnering him the highest chart debut of his solo career landing at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200. The album also topped iTunes® Overall and Christian sales charts. TobyMac's previous four solo projects have received RIAA Gold certification and his live DVD, Alive & Transported, is certified platinum by the RIAA and received a GRAMMY® award. In 2012, the much-celebrated and acclaimed artist celebrated his eighth consecutive GRAMMY® nomination, this time for his songwriting contribution to rising star (and recording artist on his label, Gotee Records) Jamie Grace's No. 1 hit "Hold Me." TobyMac has been nominated twice for an American Music Award, winning his first AMA award in the "Favorite Artist in the Contemporary/Inspirational" category this year. His 2009 album, Tonight received GRAMMY® nods for "Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album" and "Best Contemporary Christian Song" with "City On Our Knees" the track that topped the sales and radio charts faster than any of his previous singles, spending eight weeks at No. 1 on the Christian Audience Chart.
[Get Connected with TobyMac]
Website // http://www.tobymac.com
Twitter // https://twitter.com/therealtobymac
Facebook // http://www.facebook.com/tobymac
YouTube // http://www.youtube.com/tobymacmusic
iTunes // http://toby.cta.gs/02r
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK