Detroit's Rising Star Tim Bowman Jr. To Headline Certified Praise Fest
The Motor City's native son, Tim Bowman Jr., is shaking it up this summer. He's been tagged as one of the headliners for The Certified Praise Fest taking place on Saturday, August 18, 2012 @ 12-10 pm at Detroit's Chene Park (2600 Atwater Street, Detroit, MI). Bowman will perform on a bill that also includes Damita Haddon, Shana Wilson, DMaub, the Burning Bush Mass Choir and others. The event is free of charge.
In other exciting news, the twenty-something singer's Top 10 debut CD, "Beautiful," has earned him two spots on the first round of the prestigious Stellar Awards ballot, the gospel music industry's highest honor for recording artists. Bowman's in the running for Best New Artist of the Year and his video duet, "He Will" (featuring his aunt, Vickie Winans), is in the mix for Music Video of the Year.
Like Us on Facebook
The public was introduced to Bowman through his mesmerizing scatting on Vickie Winans' 2009 Top 5 radio smash, "How I Got Over." Last year, he and Winans reteamed for their ultra cool Top 20 radio hit, "He Will." The sophisticated black and white video of the smooth jazzy track has garnered over 125,000 YouTube hits and received airplay on BET, Centric and JCTV. Now, the 22-year old Wayne State University pharmacy student is standing in the spotlight on his own as Trippin 'N Rhythm Records/Sony Red releases his new pulsating radio single, "Free."
Bowman, whose vocal influences range from Coldplay to Ella Fitzgerald, is pushing the edges of gospel music on the thirteen track CD. His unique blend of rhythms would just as easily fit in on a Top 40 radio music playlist as it would in a Sunday morning church service. The sounds range from pulsating electronica tracks such as "Throw It Away" and "I'm Here" to the acoustic guitar-laced ballad, "Beautiful." There's also the Caribbean rumba of "Looking For Love" and the rousing rock-edged anthem "Healer". Family friend, Dorinda Clark Cole of the legendary Clark Sisters, joins Bowman on the funky "Sunday Morning" and Marvin Winans produces the down home church track, "Abide With Me Medley."
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK