Third Day Claims 28th No. 1 Career Radio Single As “I Need A Miracle” Lands Top Spot On Billboard’s Audience Chart This Week
Third Day launched its 12th studio project Miracle, with the powerful, "I Need A Miracle," on September 14. This week the song claims the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Audience Chart marking more than 51 million cumulative impressions to date. While the band is known as a radio hit-maker, this particular No. 1 made its way to the top in a season dominated by holiday music.
"This song is special to us because it was inspired by a story shared by one of our fans," shares Third Day's lead singer, Mac Powell. "It's about how music, and the great work of our friends at radio, can offer hope to a hurting world. We're looking forward to getting to play this live on our spring tour."
Like Us on Facebook
The 12-track Miracle (Nov. 6) was produced by Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Train, The Killers) and recorded in the band's Atlanta-based studio called, The Quarry.
Third Day will hit the road again this February for its 45-city headlining "The Miracle Tour." The lineup feature special guests including "American Idol" finalist Colton Dixon and singer-songwriter Josh Wilson. "The Miracle Tour" will launch Feb. 21, in Fairfax, Va., and will hit major markets including Memphis, Dallas, Birmingham, Atlanta, Nashville, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Chicago and many more before wrapping up in May. Tickets go on sale Friday, November 30 at 10 AM EST. Visit www.ThirdDay.com for more information and ticket purchases.
About Third Day:
During the last decade, Atlanta-based, multi-Platinum rock band Third Day (comprising members Mac Powell, Tai Anderson, David Carr and Mark Lee) has racked up 28 No. 1 radio singles and sold more than seven million albums, including two RIAA Platinum as well as eight Gold certifications. A Georgia Music Hall of Fame inductee (2009), Third Day has garnered 24 career GMA Dove Awards from 42 nominations, four GRAMMY Awards (with 11 career nominations), an American Music Award (with four American Music Award nominations) and multiple ASCAP honors, including its coveted Vanguard Award, for songwriting. Long known as Christian music's premier live band, Third Day has played for audiences reaching into the millions all around the world. Third Day has been featured by top media outlets including "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (NBC), "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (CBS), "60
Minutes" (CBS), ABC's "Nightline," USA Today, the New York Times and even graced the cover of Billboard magazine, which called Third Day "one of the best rock bands, period."
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK