The Little River Band bassist, George McArdle signs to Dream
Dream Music Group Australia, a division of Dream Media Group Australia, is excited to announce their next exciting artist signing, George McArdle.
George McArdle was the Bass Guitarist with The Little River Band, (LRB) one of the most highly acclaimed rock music bands of all time and the first Australian group to make the top ten charts in the United States, achieving gold record status.
Like Us on Facebook
The band achieved similar success in South America and most European countries with their hit song Reminiscing, translated into Spanish and French.
LRB played in every major venue of LRB played in every major venue of North America with bands of the calibre of the Beach Boys, The Doobie Brothers and Fleetwood Mac. Audiences of over 80,000 people were paying big money to attend their concerts.
George McArdle joined the band in 1976 and within weeks was heading off to the United States in an experimental venture to try and make it big overseas. And make it big they did. The Little River Band went on to become one of the seminal groups of Australian rock history and is the only band of any nationality to have scored a top ten hit in The United States, for six consecutive years, between 1977 and 1982. They paved the way for AC/DC, Air Supply, Men at Work, INXS and Midnight Oil to make it big in the USA.
In 2004, the bands classic line up including George McArdle, received one of the greatest honours for Australian musicians when they were inducted into the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Hall of Fame. Those present that night were Glen Shorrock, Beeb Birtles, Graeham Goble, David Briggs, Derek Pellicci, and George McArdle. These men came to be known as the Classic Lineup and were an integral part of the musical identity created by LRB.
In fact, during his tour of Australia in 1983, Carlos Santana commented to a journalist that if he could have any musicians in the world in his band, he would have George McArdle on bass.
The Album " Stingray " is George McArdles first studio album in over ten years. Stingray is very well recorded with Ern Rose from LRB days back in the studio as sound and mixing engineer, and is a compilation of songs written and produced by George McArdle over a five-year period.
Stingray features George McArdle on bass guitar and fretless bass, and some of Australia's finest musicians including Stewart Frazer, (guitars) David Beck (drums) Sam McNally (keyboards) and Daniel Spirovski (Keys and Horns).
The album also features vocal arrangements that have that distinct pristine LRB sound, and portrays a definite maturing of musical ideas and musicianship since his days in LRB. George McArdle currently resides in Brisbane where he lives with his wife Roxane and his three daughters, Amy, Laura, and Georgia.
"Having got to know the person that is George McArdle, I am excited that somebody of this calibre is more excited about the Spirituality of his music than what he walked away from many years ago From world wide recognition to having a season as a Pastor, to this album, where George lays bear many parts of his painful past you can feel the Grace of God thru these personal stories. and his music. There have been to many things come together for this not to be Kairos" - Phil McGee, D.M.G.A. founder and C.E.O
"George's history in this business is bar none. We are excited for this new relationship and very impressed with this new pathway to bring others to Christ through his talents. We can't wait for his new album release." - Lance Brown, Dream Records
For more information about George visit his Dream Records profile page at: http://www.dreamrecords.org.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK