'The Bible' on History Channel Teaches Non-Christians / 7 in 10 Learn Something New
So far I've seen every episode of The Bible, History Channel's epic new miniseries. Aside from some exceptional acting performances and mind-blowing CGI effects, my favorite part about watching The Bible is learning about such iconic stories, that I previously new little about.
According to a survey by Barna Research for the American Bible Study, about 4 in 10 Americans have watched at least one episode of the show.
Like Us on Facebook
What's surprising about the nearly 70 million viewer in total, is that they're self-proclaimed non-Christians.
Also according to the survey, approximately 69 percent of The Bible viewers have said they've learned something new about the Bible from watching the show.
Married producers Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Voice) and Roma Downey (Touched By An Angel) hired a panel of theologians, scholars and pastors make sure they represented the sacred text with accuracy and respect.
"Our greatest hope is that this series will affect a new generation of viewers and draw them back to the Bible," said Burnett, the man behind shows like Survivor and The Voice. "...when you look at The Bible you realize that this is the most enduring piece of work that we will ever work on. More people will see The Bible series than all of our other shows combined."
The Bible airs on History Channel every Sunday until the series finale on Easter. The Bible covers stories from Genesis to Revelation. Tune in this Sunday at 8/7c for episode 4 of The Bible which features the 'Last Supper,' Judas betraying Jesus, and Pontius Pilate.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK