“The Bible” : Salvation Through a Story
With more than a billion copies distributed and translations exceeding over two thousand languages, it is not hard to believe the world's best selling book is the Holy Bible. The themes and stories portrayed throughout the famous 66 books may be considered universal and well known, but the greatness of the text is often overshadowed by doubt, lack of faith, or skepticism found within the audience. Taking a closer look at the prominent text, the reader will not only realize the stories to be applicable to daily life, but may also find themselves drawn towards their own salvation through Jesus Christ, which is the exact purpose in which the Bible was written.
Like Us on Facebook
Unlike the composition of a traditional book, the narrative includes parables, letters, historical reports, prophecies, and poems, creating an original, distinguished blueprint appropriate for an account so divine. Beginning with the creation of a perfect universe and the initiation of sin into the world, the story of God's chosen people rapidly unfolds, following their oppression and exile, the covenants assured to them by God, and their momentous journey to the promised land. Corruption and exploitation within leadership is demonstrated early on through the judges, as the monarchy of Israel develops throughout the glory, division, decline, and fall of their northern and southern kingdoms. Among all of the devastation and turmoil, praises of adoration to God and proverbs still relevant today are threaded through text, reminding the audience of the ultimate promise yet to come - God's gift of a Savior for his people, giving them the opportunity of eternal life through him.
The long awaited Savior is introduced into the story with the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ. The life of Jesus unfolds through various narrators, including his ministry, miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection. Letters from God's followers portray their faith and dedication through suffering and trial, leaving little room for doubt in the hope and reward found in remaining steadfast in the Christian beliefs. The promise of eternal life concludes the story, with dramatic symbolism and imagery foreshadowing the end of the world and God's ultimate victory over evil.
Despite the thousands of years passed, the content of the Bible is as relevant today as it was within the time the text was composed, reflecting its status as the best selling book in the world. Society and culture has greatly developed over time, yet God's promise remains the same. Reading the Bible will not only expand the reader's knowledge and ideas of the world and its meaning, but initiate a belief in Jesus Christ. With the possibility of salvation and eternal life through the reading of a single book, there's hardly a worthy reason to not read the Bible, its content probable to change the reader's life for the better.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK