Jesus Arrives Tonight on Episode 3 of "The Bible" on The History Channel
The ratings hit, "The Bible" mini series on The History Channel airs episode 3 tonight at 7pm CST. The 10-hour, 5 part mini series is highlighting the stories of the Bible.
Tonight is the big night that many people have been waiting for. Anticipation has been building through the first two episodes to get to the stories of Jesus. There is sure to be much debate of actor (Diogo Mogado) and his acting chops as portraying Jesus as well as the way the directors/producers depict each scene from the most popular and polarizing book ever written.
Like Us on Facebook
Below are highlights of each episode including tonight's episode #3.
Episode #1, entitled "Beginnings" opened up with Noah on the ark with this family and then moved on to share the story of Abraham for the rest of the first hour. The second hour focused on the story of Moses and handing off the people to Joshua.
Episode #2, entitled "Homeland" focused the first hour on Joshua and the Israelites taking Jericho and leading the people into the "promised" land. They also shared the story of Samson. The second hour focused on King Saul and the eventual King David and Saul's jealousy issues with David. Episode two ends with God punishing David for his adulterous relationship and child with Bathsheba and taking the child's life. God gives King David another chance though and is promised another son.
Episode #3, which airs tonight is entitled, "Hope". The Jews have been enslaved again in Babylon. They share the story of Daniel and being thrown in the lion's den. They show Daniel's faith in God faced with the life threatening situation he is faced and God spares Daniel's life in the lion's den. The Jews return to Jerusalem and they show the angel, Gabriel, coming to Mary to tell her that she will bear a child. Joseph and Mary travel back to Bethlehem for the census and Jesus is born there. They receive word of Herod's plan to kill all male babies and escape to a new town. In the meantime, Judea comes under the rule of Pilate. They show John the Baptist baptize Jesus. Jesus then takes center stage as He is on a mission now to be the revolution the world is waiting for, they just don't know it yet.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK