The Bible on History Channel: Gathering the Old and New Testament prophecies and bringing them to light
The new TV miniseries, The Bible, is gathering the Old and New Testament prophecies and bringing them to light. The Bible began showing on March 3rd with three very prominent stories of how our lives began from the Old Testament scriptures.
The series are five, two hour segments, that contain stories such as David and Goliath, Noah's Ark, Moses and the ministries of Jesus Christ. The miniseries is ultimately an introduction to those who have never heard of such scriptures or Jesus himself. A boy that was born of a virgin, named Mary, whose life would hold the worlds fate in his hands. The Bible is a book that's stories have swept the nations and surpassed all kingdoms after it. It is a story of faith, triumph, love, and ultimately one mans strength to be sacrificed for all of our sins.
Like Us on Facebook
Producers Mark Burnett and wife , Roma Downey, stated that their 'greatest hope' in making the series was that it would affect a new generation of viewers and draw them back to the Bible. With the first episode setting a striking 13.1 million viewer rating, it is officially the largest cable television audience for 2013. Each episode contains a significant story from the Bible that introduces what events took place during the time of Jesus Christ. On CBS Sunday Morning, Burnett spoke, " Its not just TV, This is way more then that.. it's a movement. It's the Bible, its something everyone should know. The Old and New Testaments are not separate, their together. Its all one big sweeping story with a grand message of : God loves each one of us as if we were the only person in the world to love".
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK