The Bible on History Channel: Episode 3 Recap
History channel's much talked about new series, 'The Bible', aired its third episode this past Sunday, spending the first half of time focusing on Nebuchadnezzar II, who was responsible for taking the Jews captive into Babylon. The viewer's attention is drawn to the prominent miracle of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, the three men who refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar's idol, and consequently, were thrown into a pit of fire. The Lord saves them from any harm, proving his miraculous power with the burning of Nebuchadnezzar's hand when testing the flames. The episode then moves on past Nebuchadnezzar's death, to spotlight Daniel's ability to interpret dreams. He offers his services to Cyrus, King of Persia, in order to protect the Jews from captivity. Daniel ends up defying Cyrus' order for the Jews to stop praying, and in response to his rebellion, Cyrus throws him into a den of lions. He is amazed by God when he sees his protection over Daniel, and frees the Jews from captivity, allowing them to return to Jerusalem.
Like Us on Facebook
A span of 500 years passes when 'The Bible' picks up again, with Jerusalem being conquered by the Roman Empire. The gluttonous and lavish King Herod is introduced, as well as the romance between Mary and Joseph. The angel Gabriel appears to Mary, announcing she will give birth to the Son of the Most High, and after Joseph's doubt in her faithfulness, Gabriel appears to him as well, confirming the truth in Mary's revelation. The episode then focuses on the birth of Jesus, with Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem, giving birth to him in a manager. They are visited by three wise men bearing gifts, and leave soon after Joseph has a dream warning of danger to come.
The episode continues almost 25 years later with Jesus' ministry, covering His 40 days in the wilderness and encounter with Satan. John the Baptist is introduced, as well as Peter, with the focus on John the Baptist's imprisonment and beheading, proving his faithfulness to Jesus. The episode concludes with Jesus and Peter in a fishing boat, Jesus declaring His intentions to "change the world". With His succinct statement, the public ministry of Jesus begins.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK