"The Bible" : The History Channel's Ratings Hit, Episode #3 Preview
"The Bible", the 5 part, 10-hour series on The History Channel premiered two weeks ago (March 3rd) to blockbuster ratings. It became the highest rated cable show of the year and the highest series premiere ever on The History Channel.
Week #1, entitled "Beginnings" opened up with Noah on the ark with this family and then moved on to share the story of Abraham for the rest of the first hour. The second hour focused on the story of Moses and handing off the people to Joshua.
Like Us on Facebook
Week #2, entitled "Homeland" focused the first hour on Joshua and the Israelites taking Jericho and leading the people into the "promised" land. They also shared the story of Samson. The second hour focused on King Saul and the eventual King David and Saul's jealousy issues with David. Episode two ends with God punishing David for his adulterous relationship and child with Bathsheba and taking the child's life. God gives King David another chance though and is promised another son.
Episode #3, which airs tomorrow night is entitled, "Hope". The Jews have been enslaved again in Babylon. They share the story of Daniel and being thrown in the lion's den. They show Daniel's faith in God faced with the life threatening situation he is faced and God spares Daniel's life in the lion's den. The Jews return to Jerusalem and they show the angel, Gabriel, coming to Mary to tell her that she will bear a child. Joseph and Mary travel back to Bethlehem for the census and Jesus is born there.
They receive word of Herod's plan to kill all male babies and escape to a new town. In the meantime, Judea comes under the rule of Pilate. They show John the Baptist baptize Jesus. Jesus then takes center stage as He is on a mission now to be the revolution the world is waiting for, they just don't know it yet.
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK