"The Bible" on The History Channel Episode #3 Brings Start of a Revolution
Episode #3 of "The Bible" series entitled, "Hope" aired last night on the History Channel and it was finally time for the arrival of Jesus.
The first hour shows the Jews enslaved again in Babylon captivity under Nebuchadnezzar II, king of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, who orders the destruction of the first temple.
A moving scene in the first hour is when Nebuchadnezzar has build a huge golden statue in his image. He sits on his throne and watches the people of Jews kneel down to the idol. As the thousands of people bow down, the three men - friends of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (Hebraic name: Hananiah, Misha'el, and Azariah), stay standing, refusing to worship another god. They pray as they stand, knowing that punishment will be awaiting them for disrespecting the king. Nebuchadnezzar orders them to stand under a covering and be lit on fire. For many watching who knew the story already, the Lord shows up in the flames and protects the men from being burned. They come out celebrating and all of the Jewish people witness it first hand and are amazed as the 3 men join Daniel and they walk off rejoicing.
Like Us on Facebook
Fast forward to Cyrus, king of Persia, taking over the people and Daniel befriends the king. Daniel is thrown into the lion's den by the king later over a law of no prayer to any god for 30 days. Daniel is not killed by the lions and Daniel's God is able to be worshipped.
The second hour focusing on the tough situations facing Mary and Joseph, from ridicule of the virgin birth by the people to traveling hundreds of miles back to Bethlehem on a donkey with an extremely pregnant Mary because of the government Census. Both had been spoken to be angels to keep calm about the birth of Jesus and that this was God's plan.
As Mary, Joseph and Jesus are heading back to Galilee after Joseph has the dream of Herod killing all male new-borns, there is a scene where they travel past rows of men who have been crucified. Jesus, only a little boy, looks up and sees the men being crucified and we can only speculate if he was already thinking at that small age that he would bear that same death later in life.
Fast forward 25 years later, they show John the Baptist baptizing people and Jesus coming to be baptized by him. Jesus then takes center stage as He is on a mission now to be the revolution the world is waiting for, they just don't know it yet. The episode closes with Jesus on the boat speaking of changing the world with Peter.
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK