Terry Warren Performs at Singing on the Mountain
All-American football star and recording artist Terry Warren recently performed at the "88th Annual Singing on the Mountain," a popular day-long Christian music event at North Carolina's Grandfather Mountain. Warren was among a dozen entertainers in concert throughout the day with a special sermon delivered by Jerry Moore, head football coach at Appalachian State University and the coach with the most wins in Southern Conference history.
"This was my fourth year performing at 'Singing On The Mountain'" Warren says, adding he is always glad to see the veteran singers, including his friend George Hamilton IV. "This year, it was also great to reconnect with my dear friend, Coach Moore. He has an amazing testimony and has enjoyed tremendous success at Appalachian State University. It was a great weekend." Warren shared the music bill with Southern Gospel acts George Hamilton IV, Tim Greene and the Greenes Trio, Michael Combs, Tim & Robby Smith, Shirley Simpson, and Melody Trio. A number of bluegrass artists also performed, including the Cockman Family, Amantha Mill, Clay Lunsford & Wayne Henderson, and The Norton Family.
Like Us on Facebook
Moore, whose Appalachian State University football team at Boone, N.C., won three straight Division One national championships, is a popular speaker throughout the U.S., including many events sponsored by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
The day of music and fellowship, offered free of charge, is held annually at Grandfather Mountain's MacRae Meadows on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The event, founded in 1924, is the oldest ongoing Southern Gospel convention in the Southern Appalachians. Highlights through the years from the event have included preaching by Billy Graham and music from the likes of Johnny Cash, Roy Acuff and Arthur Smith.
Photo caption: Terry Warren, right, shared the stage at "Singing On the Mountain" with Coach Jerry Moore, left, who delivered the sermon at the day-long event. (McCain & Co. Public Relations photo)
About Terry Warren:
Sports fans remember Warren as an All-American linebacker with the Florida State University Seminoles. Warren was signed to play with the NFL's Dallas Cowboys until he broke his back on the field during training camp, an injury which ended his football career. But Warren proved he could make hits off the gridiron as well with success as a singer and actor. His musical credits include landing the lead role of Jean Valjean in Les Misérables on Broadway, and his TV and movie credits include performing songs featured on the popular television show Evening Shade and movie roles alongside talents such as Burt Reynolds, Eriq La Salle, Michael Chiklis, Neil Patrick Harris and Peter Falk.
Warren, whose Amazing Love CD is currently in stores, is in demand as a singer and speaker in churches and through organizations such as The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Mercy Ministries and The Jason Foundation. In 2010, Warren founded Crossing the Goal Line Ministries to encourage those who make it almost to the goal line, but are discouraged due to setbacks or tragedy that keep them from getting into the end zone.
Amazing Love was recorded in Nashville with some of the industry's most sought-after session players, and mixed by Dove Award winning Christian music veteran David Zaffiro. Warren called on the formidable skills of Dove Award winner and Grammy nominee Joe Beck and Nashville bass guitar legend Duncan Mullins to produce the project. The result is an upbeat pop album that is both pleasing to the ear and exhilarating to the spirit.
The project is a follow-up to Warren's independently-released debut, Lifted Up By Angels. Amazing Love has yielded three No. 1 singles - "Revelation Song," "God, You're Beautiful" and "Happy Day" - on the NCM (New Christian Music) Euro Chart. A fourth single, "Just A Prayer Away," from Lifted Up By Angels, also claimed the NCM Euro Chart's top spot.
Warren's rendition of "Revelation Song" recently was featured in a video at the centerpiece of the Tennessee Baptist Convention's $2.4 million Hearts Awaken for Worship at Camp fundraising campaign.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK