Stryper Second Coming Album Review
Christian metal veterans Stryper are back releasing their latest album, Second Coming. After releasing their cover album The Covering in 2011, they are back to making music. Recently signing to Frontiers Records, the band was able to be more hands-on in the production of their album which features re-recorded versions of some of their most popular and treasured tracks and two tracks for avid listeners who are looking for something new.
Like Us on Facebook
The album consists of two tracks from "The Yellow and Black Attack!" album, six tracks from the "Soldiers Under Command" album, six songs from the "To Hell With the Devil" album, and two brand new tracks to appease our metal ears. The re-recorded tracks' sound quality is a huge upgrade in comparison to the songs' first releases. The vocals seemed to have matured a bit as well as adding more bass line to songs that were lacking before. Just when you thought these classic songs couldn't get any better, Stryper gave them a new age "face lift."
1. Loud N' Clear
2. Loving You
3. Soldiers Under Command
4. Makes Me Wanna Sing
5. First Love
6. The Rock That Makes Me Roll
7. Reach Out
9. To Hell With the Devil
10. Calling On You
12. The Way
13. Sing Along Song
14. More Than A Man
15. Bleeding From the Inside Out (New)
16. Blackened (New)
Even with all of the classic thrash metal tracks we've come to love from Stryper, they add two new tracks for the listeners, "Bleeding From the Inside Out" and "Blackened." "Bleeding from the Inside Out" has that hard rock edge with heavy riffs that display such powerful vocals that draw you into the song. Michael Sweet's range and gritty vocals are top notch and the guitar solo displays talent at its rawest form. "Blackened" takes more of the classic 80's metal form which is great because the band doesn't stray from the sound they are known for. The chorus is catchy, the fret work is amazing, and is the perfect way to end off the album.
It's great to see after all these years, Stryper is still around and rocking as hard as ever while staying connected to their Christian standards. Second Coming is a must have for those young and old that are into Christian rock and metal at its best. These guys are still singing, screaming and shredding with no signs of stopping.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK