Steven Curtis Chapman Presents ‘Joy’ October 16
Legendary Christian music artist Steven Curtis Chapman will release a brand new Christmas project,Joy, on Oct. 16. Joy will showcase seven new, original Christmas songs penned by Chapman and six classics. The lead single, "Christmas Time Again," goes for radio adds on Nov. 16.
A collaborative effort with friend and producer Brent Milligan, this is Chapman's fourth career Christmas record following The Music of Christmas (1995, RIAA certified Gold), Christmas is All in the Heart (2003, a Hallmark limited, sold-out run of 400,000) and All I Really Want for Christmas (2005, RIAA certified Gold).
This Christmas CD, however, is particularly meaningful to Chapman: "Many know that the last few years have been a difficult journey for my family and me following the loss of our daughter Maria," says Chapman. "So many have prayed for us and encouraged us and, having the opportunity to write, record and share this new music really feels like the beginning of a new season...a season of joy."
"Even as hard as things have been, it's like the sweet is starting to outweigh the bitter for us more and more," Chapman explains. "Christmas is becoming a less hard thing for us each year. It's not that it's easier to get through because we are forgetting. It's like we can remember now without it just being so painful and the memories can be sweet."
Among the album's 13 tracks are six new songs including first single "Christmas Time Again," "Christmas in Kentucky," inspired by Chapman's home state, and "Christmas Kiss," written for his wife Mary Beth. Recording Joy also gave Chapman a chance to record some of his longtime favorites like "Joy to the World," "We Three Kings," "What Child Is This?" and "Christmas Time Is Here," from the animated classic "A Charlie Brown Christmas." A complete track listing is as follows:
1. Joy To The World
2. Christmas Time Again
3. Christmas In Kentucky
4. Do You Hear What I Hear?
5. Christmas Kiss
6. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
7. Christmas Time Is Here
8. What Child Is This?
9. In The Bleak Midwinter
10. Christmas Card
11. We Three Kings
12. I Am Joseph (God Is With Us)
13. Happy New Year
*sequence subject to change
In recording Joy, Chapman, Milligan and some of Nashville's finest musicians traveled to a studio in Lexington, Ky. to allow for total focus on creating the right Christmas vibe. "We found this great studio in Lexington, Ky. (my birth state!) and gathered together some of my favorite players, slept over in the rooms there, set up a Christmas tree (I wore my favorite Charlie Brown Christmas t-shirts everyday) and went at it."
Audiences will have the opportunity to hear Chapman perform selections from Joy live on the "12 Gifts of Christmas" tour this November and December. He joins Laura Story, and speakers including New York Times bestselling author Mary Beth Chapman (his wife), Patsy Clairmont, Luci Swindoll, Marilyn Meberg, comedienne Anita Renfroe and illusionist Harris III. For full tour information, visit www.12gifts.com.
For more information on Steven, please visit: www.stevencurtischapman.com or www.providentpress.com
About Steven Curtis Chapman:
Steven Curtis Chapman has sold more than ten million records including two RIAA certified Platinum albums and eight RIAA certified Gold albums. Along with his five GRAMMY Awards, Chapman has won an American Music Award, recorded 46 No. 1 US radio hits including one in each decade since the 1980's and been awarded 57 Dove Awards, more than any other artist to date. Since his recording career began in 1987, Chapman has recorded 17 projects with Sparrow Records.
He has performed at the White House and has appeared on multiple national programs via CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, CMT, FOX News, the Hallmark Channel and E!, including "Good Morning America," "Larry King Live," "Fox & Friends," "Huckabee," "CBS Sunday Morning," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and more. Chapman and his wife Mary Beth created Show HOPE in 2001 after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry's goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to more than 3,350 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world.
Like Us on Facebook
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK