Tooth & Nail Welcomes New Band Called States
Tooth & Nail label official welcomed a new band into their family. The band's name is States. On June 19, States will release their album Rooms to Run.
Starting this week through July, States will be touring together with The Rocket Summer and The Scene Aesthetic. To view the tour dates go to https://www.facebook.com/statesmusic/app_123966167614127.
States is composed of Mindy White, Stephen Laurenson, Bryan Laurenson, Jonathan Bucklew, Dean Lorenz.
Like Us on Facebook
Highly stylized aesthetics and lushly layered pop might be where to find the roots of States in terms of sound, but the essence of the band holds itself under the idea that creation comes from collaboration. Ideas need to be cultivated, grown, and harvested. "Here we are," front woman Mindy White declares, "and we can go wherever we want." With no confines and no chief-songwriters to be praised - or the pressures of hype and business - States debut album Room to Run is much more than an album full of '90s chart minded hooks; it's a debut of a band that works as a collective.
In fall of 2009, the emotionally driven outfit Copeland had announced that their time was at an end. With a farewell tour in the works, guitarists Bryan Laurenson and his brother Steve - who had become a touring member of the band - knew they had to begin weaving themselves into a new project, one that would be more focused on urgent grandiose melodies than soft-spoken ballads. "I was the pop kid in Copeland," Bryan confessed, which makes him and his brother's return to pop centric music all that more natural.
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Announces Successful Rescue of Victims of Religious Persecution in Afghanistan
- Citizen Way New Record, Redeemed Tour & K-Love Awards
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK