Staci Frenes Releases New Album: Everything You Love Comes Alive
Singer/songwriter and self-taught musician Staci Frenes has immersed herself in writing to uncover and make sense of the mysteries and chaos of life. From the tender age of 12, music has been the unmistakable key to self-discovery and her saving grace. Not a matter of happenstance or something she just fell into, but one deliberate decision after another to cultivate songs and stories into something strong and beautiful and brave.
It's rarely been easy. Being an independent artist is an all-guts, no-glory proposition. With every new effort comes the challenge of connecting and marketing and improving your craft. But eight records in, this UC-Berkeley graduate and former English teacher has enjoyed successes she hadn't dared to dream.
Like Us on Facebook
And it's no wonder Staci's work resonates.
Her acoustic folk-pop songs have inspired not only audiences at her concerts all over the country, but millions of viewers on major network shows such as The Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, One Life To Live, All My Children, Nashville and Summerland, as well as in nationally released feature films, a feat many label artists aspire to but never achieve.
One song, "Miracle Baby," has been licensed heavily by hospitals, charity organizations and small businesses after a notable children's photographer featured it prominently on his web site.
National-level corporations such as The Gap and American Airlines have also featured Staci's music. And, perhaps as rewarding as creating music, Staci's role as a spokesperson for World Vision has brought her great joy.
Still, Staci's newest work, Everything You Love Comes Alive may well be one the biggest accomplishment of her recording career... and not just because it reveals a songwriter in her prime. Released in September of 2012 on her own label, ArtWork Records, this unforgettable collection of songs explore the depth and the simplicity of the ways love transforms, the imagination and creativity it brings with it, and the powerful way it shapes us into who we were meant to be.
"It started with the idea of the natural world-what light, water and air do to a living organism-love does to us. Whatever is frozen and dormant inside us from pain or fear awakens to love," Staci explains how the songs evolved. "Love Anyway," "Until My Heart Breaks," "The Thief and the Lover,"-all variations on love's transformative power-reveal her uncanny way of wrapping a lyric around doubt, fear and uncertainty without losing site of the hopeful truth therein. "The album," producer Nate Sabin says, "is a testament to the discovery of love, joy and beauty in the entire experience of life. It's the most transparent of Staci's work to date."
Intricate, authentic and hopeful, Staci Frenes continues to cultivate truth that resonates in every aspect of life... through music, speaking and writing... confident that process can be as beautiful as the finish.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK