New Book, "Spiritual Secrets to a Healthy Heart," Uncovers Root of Heart Disease
Is heart health related to more than just diet and exercise? Noted physician Dr. Kara Davis, MD, believes so. In her new book, Spiritual Secrets to a Healthy Heart: Uncovering the Roots of America's Number One Killer (Siloam/Charisma House SRP: $14.99), Davis discusses the wisdom of the Bible and combines it with hard medical facts to instruct spiritually-minded people on how to get healthy. "Our physical health is inextricably linked with our spiritual, mental and emotional health," she writes in the introduction."
Like Us on Facebook
In Spiritual Secrets to a Healthy Heart, Davis delves into all matters of the heart - both physical and emotional. The books nine chapters are divided among three sections, including "How We Live," which features chapters on the effects of nutrition, physical activity and vices like alcohol consumption and smoking; "How We Feel," which addresses the power of gratitude, optimism versus pessimism and the physical impact of emotions and stress; and "How It Is," a section covering hypertension, diabetes and even the environment's affect on our health.
"A positive or negative attitude has a strong influence on heart health," says Davis. "In scores of studies examining the impact, the results are impressive. In these pages I cannot possibly cite all the research that identifies a connection between a pessimistic disposition and coronary illness - the data is far too extensive."
Davis is a board-certified physician of internal medicine and chief medical officer of the Christian Community Health Center in Chicago. She is also the author of Supernatural Secrets to Weight Loss: A 50-Day Renewal of Body, Mind, and Spirit. In addition to her medical career, Davis is a pastor's wife and the mother of four children.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK