Canadian Record Label Sonorous Entertainment Seeks Artist Submissions
Sonorous Entertainment, an independent Christian recording and entertainment label, has formed a new division that will focus on the ongoing promotion and market development of Christian artists around the world. To that end, the label is seeking submissions from unsigned artists who are interested in partnering with the company to help spread inspirational music globally.
Like Us on Facebook
"Acknowledging the overall shift in the music and entertainment industry in the past few years has prompted Sonorous to take measures to ensure that existing and emerging artists of today and tomorrow will have a platform to introduce and sustain their product worldwide," reads the company's official press release. "After meeting with several industry contemporaries and partners, it is imperative that we take steps to adapt to these changes. This new division will focus on serving the specific needs that artists face today to create a viable marketing and promotional prototype."
Essentially, artists will be entering into a 50/50 deal with Sonorous, sharing equally in all revenues and publishing rights. Sonorous will be responsible for all of the marketing and promotion, as well as distribution of the music. In the event that an artist's music does not meet professional standards, Sonorous will also cover production and post-production costs.
Dale Boyd, Sonorous's VP of Communications, says that execs are wide open to any genre and style of music, as long as it's appropriate. "Contemporary, R&B, reggae, alternative, etc., are all accepted," says Boyd. "Also, we are considering having arists or groups do single covers of 70s and 80s Christian artists, including Keith Green, Larry Norman, and Dallas Holmes."
Artists interested in working with Sonorous should send an introduction, along with mp3s, videos, or links to music, to email@example.com. Someone from the company will acknowledge receipt within 48 hours.
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK