Skillet's New Release Set for May [Photos]
I remember when Skillet's first album came out entitled, Skillet, (1996) and it literally had a skillet on the cover. I was intrigued, they were either going to be really, really bad or good because they can make fun of themselves. They sounded like a Christian Nirvana with heavy fuzz guitars, scratchy vocals and nothing over produced, but it was a solid album featuring songs like "Gasoline" and "My Beautiful Robe."
When I went to see them a few years later in concert, they had morphed into a totally different band both sound and looks wise. They now looked more like mix between NIN and late 90's band Orgy. Even though their sound had gone way into more industrial and electronic realms they put out creative records such as Hey You, I Love Your Soul (1998) and Alien Youth (2001). Their song "Best Kept Secret" was a favorite of mine for years and I even bought a Boss Hyper-Fuzz pedal just to play that one song correctly.
Like Us on Facebook
Now, being a band almost 20 years, Skillet is bigger and better then ever. They have had mainstream, cross-over radio and touring success and have toured the world several times over. Now with their ninth studio album coming out in May called, Rise, they are poised to show the world they still have the creative energy and drive to put out sonically and commercially great music.
They are gearing up for their summer festival runs including several Rock the Flag dates, along with Rock the Range.
Check out our Skillet photo gallery: http://breathecast.christianpost.com/articles/5816/20130112/skillet-skillet-photo.htm
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK