REVIEW OF SILVERLINE’S “LIGHTS OUT” ALBUM
Christian rock band, Silverline, is preparing to release their sophomore album, Lights Out. Even though this band has been around for quite some time now, they have succeeded and emerged from their independent EP album release to releasing their debut album "Start To Believe" back in mid-2009. They even claimed a #1 song on rock radio with their single, 'Broken Glass.' This band may seem to be under the radar, but are quickly reaching to new heights touring in over 38 states with bands such as Newsboys, Thousand Foot Krutch and P.O.D. Lights Out will surely bring Silverline further up the ranks in Christian rock music in the year to come.
Like Us on Facebook
Silverline knows how to start an album off right with the high energy pumped track, 'Hold On.' With an electrifying pop rock style, this track is musically and vocally right on point. The twanging of the guitar immediately grabs your attention as the music becomes more and more intense. Silverline is known for their uplifting and inspiring lyrics and this track is no different conveying to the listeners that with strength, hope, perseverance and a guiding hand, you can overcome anything.
The Christian Contemporary style of 'Never Looking Back' brings lots of life and meaning to the song without dwelling too much on musical complexity, which is a good thing. As a listener, we're more likely to be attentive to the words rather than just swaying to the music and let's face it, bands want you to feel and connect with the lyrics just as much as the music. 'Never Looking Back' is one of the more inspiring and motivational songs on the album simply because so many people can relate to these lyrics.
1. Hold On
2. Lights Out
3. Never Looking Back
4. With The Angels
6. Found In You
7. Be Still
9. Something Better
10. Too Far Gone
Each track on this album has such a powerful presence. You can rock out hard and just forget about the stress of the world for a while and move to the music. From a musical standpoint the band is solid, experimenting with different styles and sounds that work for them. Lyrically, this album is strong, original and inspired which is a must for a genre that thrives off words that can bring listeners closer to peace, love and God.
Lights Out, is the perfect example of how to do a sophomore album right. The music, lyrics and vocals have matured and developed without the band compromising their sound and standards. Fans will be very pleased with this release and the members of Silverline should be more than proud of what they have accomplished. At the rate this band is moving, it's easy to see how Silverline can dive into the mainstream of Christian rock music. With music that brings a sense of hope, truth and self-empowerment to listeners, Silverline is guaranteed to touch lives for God.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK