Senator Marco Rubio Says at CPAC Opposing Gay Marriage, "Does Not Make Me A Bigot"
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio is asking liberals to respect conservative principles on social issue. At the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC), Marco Rubio stated opposing gay marriage "does not make me a bigot."
CPAC's three-day conference (Thursday to Saturday) in the nation's capital is a high-status meeting for conservatives to talk about the problems facing the party, and coming up with solutions to help conservatives be elected and remain in office. Essentially CPAC is Republican conclave.
Like Us on Facebook
Following "water-gate" it seems Pope Rubio is drowning. The Florida Senator is open to opinions from not like-minded people, but urges those people to respect him as well.
"Just because I believe that states should have the right to define marriage in a traditional way does not make me a bigot," Rubio continued to a cheering crowd. "Just because we believe life, all life -- all human life is worthy of protection at every stage in its development does not make you a chauvinist."
"In fact, the people that are really closed-minded in American politics are the people that love to preach about the certainty of science in regard to our climate, but ignore the absolute fact that science has proven that life begins at conception."
The theme for CPAC 2013 was "America's Future: The Next Generation of Conservatives; New Challenges, Timeless Principles." The Thursday conference also included guest speakers Sen. Rand Paul and Texas Governor Rick Perry, who participated in the GOP race last year.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK