Can Samsung Galaxy S4 Knock off the iPhone 5?
Samsung Galaxy S4 is taking it's best swing at knocking off iPhone as the powerful smart phone of this next year.
Samsung Galaxy S4 pulled out all the stop on Thursday at an event accompanied by a live orchestra and with the theatrics unfold on a four-level stage in front of thousands. They even hired 17 actors to demonstrate the new phone's features.
So the obvious question then is how do they compare?
The Samsung Galaxy S4, which boasts a 5-inch screen goes on sale in April. The iPhone 5 has been available to the masses since September 21 (Sept. 14 pre-sale) 2012, which gives it an obvious sales boost. Also, the other advantage the iPhone brand has is that some might hold out for the iPhone 5S release now, which is rumored to be as early as June 2013.
Like Us on Facebook
Samsung has not officially said what cost of the Galaxy S4 but it is expected to start at $200 with a two-year contract in the U.S. comparable to the iPhone 5.
Samsung Galaxy S4 advantages will be larger screen and upgraded processor than the iphone 5 which are two bonuses. the Samsung Galaxy S4 also will have a 13MP primary camera compared to iPhone's 8MP primary camera.
With making gestures in the air above the phone you can command the screen to scroll up by swiping from top to bottom a few inches from the phone. This sounds very high tech but we will have to see how well a feature like that can work.
The Camera application can now use both the front and rear cameras simultaneously, inserting a small picture of the user even as he's capturing the scene in front of him.
A cool, but not perhaps not very usable feature, is when several Galaxy S4s are in close proximity, they can link up to play the same music, simultaneously, great for headphone dance parties.
So is the Samsung Galaxy S4 the one to take the leap on, or will the iPhone 5 or anticipation of the iPhone 5S keep control of the smartphone market?
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK