Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs Apple iPhone 5 Vs LG Optimus G. Apple got its tough time in 2013
Apples recent iPhone failed to make a big Market predecessors, and this is the worst news in store for Apple. 2013 has seen a host of brand new smartphones being launched, even though the year has barely begun. The LG Optimus G, LG's latest flagship phone, is one such device that could also steal away some of the iPhone 5's spotlight.
For Apple a tough time started as Samsung Galaxy S3 and LG Optimus G is on the top. Many views of these models made Apple to loose.
Like Us on Facebook
The iPhone 5 has a 4-inch Retina LCD display with a resolution of 1136X640 pixels. We've obviously found the screen size far too small, especially in the age of 5-inch phablets. The Optimus G has a larger 4.7-inch display with a resolution of 768X1280 pixels. The Galaxy S3 has the largest 4.8-inch display among these three, but it has the least resolution of just 306 pixels, which negates the beauty of the large screen. LG seems to have struck a good balance between screen size and resolution on the Optimus G.
Apple iPhone 5 is powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple A6 processor and 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy S3 has a slightly more powerful 1.4 GHz processor but only 1 GB of RAM. The Optimus G's got more power, with its 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor and 2 GB of RAM. Both the Galaxy S3 and Optimus G have 32 GB of internal storage as well as a micro SD card slot for those who need more storage space - a big disappointment in the iPhone 5.
We can't say anything bad about the iOS 6 that's running the iPhone 5, which has the largest number of apps to choose from. Samsung's Galaxy S3 runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which is a massive improvement over the previous ICS version. A major disappointment with the Optimus G is that it runs on Android 4.0. We wonder why LG couldn't put in the Jelly Bean version instead.
In terms of front-facing cameras, there isn't much difference between the iPhone 5 and the Optimus G - the iPhone 5 has a 1.2 MP camera while the Optimus G has a 1.3 MP camera. But the Galaxy S3 has a 1.9 MP front-facing camera, the best among these three. When it comes to the main camera, we love the Optimus G's13 MP camera over the iPhone 5's and the Galaxy S3's 8 MP offering.
The iPhone 5 has a 1440 mAh camera, which gives it a talktime of about 8 hours. The Optimus G and the Galaxy S3 are the winners in this category with their 2100 mAh battery and 15 hours of talktime.
All these phones offering LTE as well as 3G connectivity. The Optimus G and the Galaxy S3, in addition to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, also have NFC capabilities - an important feature missing in the iPhone 5.
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK