Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 / Display, Weight, Pricing
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the Apple iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 are among the top smartphones on the market. Even with the Galaxy S4 launch in March and a possible iPhone 5S out as early as June, these still provide value and functionality.
But how do you choose between phones that seem similar but provide distinctly different experiences.
The most obvious difference is display size.
Like Us on Facebook
Galaxy Note 2 - 5.5-inch, 1280 x 720 resolution
Galaxy S3 - 4.8-inch, 1280 x 720 resolution
iPhone 5 - 4-inch, 1136 x640 resolution
As you can see the Note 2's display is much larger than the iPhone and Galaxy S3, but still pocketable for most users. Bigger screen, more features. The Note 2 comes with an S Pen for writing on screen and controlling the phone, featuring a Multi-Window View, which let's users use two apps at once. The Multi-Window View is also featured on the Galaxy S3 but not on the iPhone.
Maybe the Galaxy Note 2 is too big for you. Maybe design and size are your selling points.
Galaxy Note - 5.94 x 3.17 x 0.37 inches (6.42 ounces)
Galaxy S3 - 5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches (4.69 ounces)
iPhone 5 - 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 inches (3.95 ounces)
The iPhone 5 is the lightest and thinnest of the three. The Galaxy S3 is very similar however. Even when held back to back, the difference is marginal. The Galaxy Note 2 is much larger, so if you're considering buying one, definitely hold it in your hand first to make sure it's a good fit.
Also, the Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 have plastic backs that pop off, allowing users to switch batteries or install a Micro SD card, adding 32GB for only $20.
Check each individual retailer for pricing and carriers.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK