Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. iPhone 5 / 5.5-Inch Screen vs. iOS 6
The Galaxy Note 2 and the iPhone 5 are two of the best smartphones on the market. Both have similarities but also distinct differences. The most noticeable difference is screen size.
The Galaxy Note 2 boasts the larger screen at 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED displace, with 1,280 x 720 pixel resolution. The iPhone 5 comes in at a functional, yet inferior 4-inch screen with 1136 x 640 resolution.
Depending on personal functionality, the Note 2's bigger display can be an asset or a hindrance.
Like Us on Facebook
Both the iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note 2 offer the same storage options: 16, 32 and 64 GBs.
Both phones also carry an 8-megapixel camera back camera. The front facing camera for the Note 2 is 1.9 megapixels while only 1.3 for the Apple iPhone 5.
While all of the before mentioned features are important, I think smartphone loyalty comes from operating system compatibility.
Being an Apple fan, I prefer i0S 6.1 intuition. The Android Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 feels to clunky, and a little too "limitless." The App store offers more apps, while Android offers a little more customization with those apps.
For any consumer, price is a big deal. The iPhone 5 is priced, relative to storage, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, and $399 for 64GB. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is priced at $299.99. Both require two-year contracts.
The iPhone 5 also boast an approximate 8 hours of talking on 3G. Internet lasts the same amount on 3G, and 10 hours on Wi-Fi. The Galaxy Note 2 has a reported 16 hours of voice battery.
In the end, any potential buyer needs to find a friend with the phone already and play around with it. If you want a multi-media work-station with a bigger keyboard go with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you want something more portable and hand-friendly the Apple iPhone 5 is for you. Either way they're the best two smartphones on the market.
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK