Brave New Documentary RUNAWAY SLAVE Opens In Theaters Nationwide July 27
From the creators of Tea Party: The Documentary Film, RUNAWAY SLAVE exposes the economic slavery of the black community to progressive, big government policies.
The film kicks off with a limited opening in Shreveport, LA beginning July 6 followed by a bus tour that visits influential cities along our country's former Underground Railroad route. With distribution through Rocky Mountain Pictures, RUNAWAY SLAVE opens in theaters nationwide beginning July 27.
Like Us on Facebook
The film's central figure is self-professed "runaway slave" Rev. C.L. Bryant. A former NAACP chapter president in Garland, TX, Rev. Bryant abandoned an organization he felt was more about political posturing, and less about civil rights. As a former Democratic Radical who escaped the bondage of Progressivism and denounced the shackles of entitlements, he has committed himself to helping others secure the blessings of liberty that are guaranteed by the Constitution with his newfound conservative values.
Rev. Bryant takes viewers on an historic journey across America that traces the footsteps of runaway slaves who escaped to freedom along routes that became known as the Underground Railroad. But in the film, he also travels a "new underground railroad" upon which Black Conservatives are speaking out against big government policies which have established a "new plantation" where "overseers" like the NAACP and so-called "civil rights" leaders keep the Black community 95 percent beholden to one political party.
RUNAWAY SLAVE's heroes are black conservatives who are speaking out so that all Americans can truly be "free at last." These "conductors" desire to liberate all Americans from the Government Plantation that has left the black community dealing with this new form of slavery.
Citing well-documented statistics that demonstrate increasingly high rates of abortion, crime, unemployment and single parent households in the black community, the film features interviews and commentary with politicians, pundits, authors and everyday Americans. Images from national events in Washington, D.C. provide a shocking look into the mindset of the liberal left as they seek to oppress black Americans in all aspects of daily life.
The documentary's underlying theme asks the questions:
What does the black community have to show for its 95% support of the Democratic Party?
Is it truly "free at last?"
RUNAWAY SLAVE features interviews with a number of prominent conservatives in the movement, including controversial radio host Glenn Beck, author Deneen Borelli, the late commentator and author Andrew Breitbart, businessman and political commentator Stephen Broden, GOP Presidential Candidate Herman Cain, president of the Frederick Douglass Foundation of North Carolina Kevin Daniels, radio host and author Tony Katz, minister and author Alveda King, activist Star Parker, TV and radio host Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, humorist AlfonZo Rachel, author Marvin Rogers, columnist and author Erik Rush, comedian Sonja Schmidt, author and commentator K. Carl Smith, economist Thomas Sowell, radio host and author Mason Weaver, radio host David Webb, Congressman Allen West and writer Bill Whittle.
Rev. Bryant's message? It's time to run. "Run away from economic slavery. Run toward the blessings of liberty. Let us remain strong in this fight. Run away from socialism, run away from progressivism. And if you get tired, America...run harder!"
RUNAWAY SLAVE was created by Ground Floor Video in association with Freedom Works Foundation and Filmcrest Entertainment. Distribution is through Rocky Mountain Pictures. In theaters nationwide starting July 27, 2012.
Official Film Site - www.runawayslavemovie.com
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK