Rock Star’s Dementia, Dick Wagner Back On Tour
Legendary rock guitarist/songwriter, Dick Wagner is finally back on tour after being diagnosed with a "correctable" form of dementia. He's worked with some of the biggest acts in the industry including Guns & Roses, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith and even Frank Sinatra, later in his career.
He's best known for his Alice Cooper co-write 'Welcome To My Nightmare," in 1975 and helped write most of the bands catalog. In 2010, he and Lou Reed were ranked #25 on Gibson.com's 50 Guitar Solos of All Time for a live cut of Velvet Underground's "Sweet Jane."
Like Us on Facebook
Unfortunately, with good luck sometimes comes the bad. He suffered a stroke and heart attack in 2007, according to ABC News.
With his strength, coordination and overall health deteriorating, Wagner, was diagnosed with NPH, normal pressure hydrocephalus, in 2011.
NPH is when fluid builds; the brain swells and ends up plugging the neuro-pipeline to the rest of the body. It carries symptoms similar to dementia like dizziness and memory loss.
At Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona the 70 year-old had a shunt surgically installed in his skull to drain the excess fluid and is now rocking Denmark on an international tour.
He chronicles his time "drying in the dessert" in his book, "Not Only Women Bleed," released in December of 2011.
Wagner told ABC News, "I am like a new man almost overnight. For five years, I couldn't even pick up a guitar."
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK