Robin Roberts' Return Gives G.M.A. its Highest Rating in Three Months
Robin Roberts returned to Good Morning America after a medical leave of absence on Wednesday morning giving the morning talk show the highest ratings in three months according to Nielsen. Making Roberts return even more special was Christian music star, Mandisa, performing her inspirational hit song "Stronger." Mandisa was joined on stage by Roberts after her performance. Roberts relayed to viewers how the song "Stronger" helped her recover citing the song's inspirational message.
Like Us on Facebook
Nearly 6.1 million viewers tuned in to see Roberts return giving Good Morning America a 12% increase in viewership.
Roberts left Good Morning America in August 2012 to undergo a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder she contracted while undergoing treatment for breast cancer in 2007.
Roberts returned to host this morning's show but will sleep in tomorrow as ordered by her Doctors and Good Morning America's producers. Her health is always an issue so her return will be done over time, not all at once. Roberts stated that she's easing her way back in.
After her day off, Roberts will interview First Lady Michelle Obama. The interview will be broadcast Tuesday. Roberts will appear on ABC's Academy Award coverage and co-host Good Morning America before dawn on Monday.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK