Rhett Walker’s Second Chance: Grammy Nominations and the Rock & Worship Roadshow
The Rhett Walker Band is unlike any Christian band out today. After turning his life around from violence and teenage parenthood, Rhett Walker has been using his second chance to make a clear statement about his faith.
The band released their debut album Come to the River in July of last year. The band wanted it to have that sincere, honest southern rock sound, treating the recording as if it was just a few guys in a room with their guitars.
Their debut single, "When Mercy Found Me" earned the band a Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Christian Music Song. Tracks like "Gonna Be Alright" capitalize on a range of influences anywhere from The Alman Brothers to Soundgarden. Banjo tracks like the title song, "Come to the River" capture that rootsy, southern vibe perfectly.
Like Us on Facebook
On "Get Up Get Out", Walker howls, "I won't be caged to the status quo / I'm not afraid to stand and say what people won't," socially critiquing political and emotional capitalism. Though some of the lyrics rely on a few too many clichés and not enough original sentiment, it's still a good time to be a southern rocker in Christian contemporary music, and even better time to be Rhett Walker.
You can catch the Rhett Walker Band on the Rock & Worship Roadshow for a few more shows. To find out when RWB is coming to a city near you visit http://rhettwalkerband.com/
You can also follow the band on Facebook and Twitter
Full track listing for Rhett Walker Band, Come to the River
1. Gonna Be Alright
2. Come To The River
3. Make Me New
4. When Mercy Found Me
5. Get Up Get Out
6. All I Need
8. Can't Break Me
10. Singing Stone
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK