Psy "Gangnam Style" Earns $8 Million in YouTube Ads, 1.2 Billion Views
Psy owned 2012. His video for international mega-smash, "Gangnam Style" became the most viewed clip in YouTube history and earned the K-pop star a reported $8 million in ad sales alone and millions more in digital downloads, according to Google. It was the first video ever to reach over 1 billion views knocking off the previous record holder, Justin Bieber and his first single "Baby," in a fraction of the time.
"Gangnam Style" is viewed daily by anywhere from 7 to 10 million times a day, earning Psy more than 60 cents a hit.
Like Us on Facebook
According to Nielsen SoundScan, "Gangnam Style" was the 9th best selling single in the U.S. with over 3.5 million units sold. 3 spots higher, "Gangnam Style," was the U.K.'s 6th biggest hit.
Park Jae-Sang, or Psy, was awarded the Okgwan Order of Cultural Merit, Korea's highest civilian honor, for representing his country abroad and bringing Korean culture to the world.
The "Gangnam Style" video was uploaded July 2012 and currently sits at number 1 with over 1.2 billion views.
Psy will also be featured in a Wonderful Pistachios Super Bowl commercial February 3, wearing a pistachio green tuxedo, which goes without saying.
You can watch "Gangnam Style" live along with other Psy hits like "Bird", "Champion", "Paradise", and "It's Art" on his recently released concert DVD "Summer Stand Concert 2012 The Water Show."
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK