Phillip Phillips Comeback Performance Post-Surgery in the Nation's Capital July 4th
It's about time to hear American Idol's Phillips take the stage again! Since his victory on the show in May, Phillips has been focused on taking care of his health and had kidney surgery to remove large kidney stones.
During his period of rest after the surgery, he continued to stay in touch with his 470,000+ fans via Twitter. Phillips' tweets ranged from talking about his favorite TV show characters like Barney to sharing advice to Christian teenagers attending summer youth camp.
Like Us on Facebook
"I'm getting better each day, so that's a good thing. I'm just walking around, getting my strength back together," Phillips told AP.
His first major performance after his surgery is scheduled to take place at the fourth of July celebration on Washington D.C.'s National Mall. He will share the stage with Megan Hilty of "Smash", country star Josh Turner, Matthew Broderick and John WIlliams.
It will be Phillips' first time visiting the nation's capitol. His performance of his successful coronation song, "Home" in front of 300,000 people on the U.S. Capitol lawn will be broadcasted on PBS and NPR. He confessed, "It's probably the biggest thing I've ever done besides 'American Idol."
Two days after this performance, he will join his "Idol" family on the "Idol" Live summer tour.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK