New Petra Anniversary Editions Celebrate Milestone Recordings for Christian Rock
Two classic recordings by Petra, one of Christian rock's most awarded and influential bands throughout the '70s, '80s and '90s, are being re-released July 3 from Star Song Music as special Anniversary Editions including bonus tracks.
This Means War!: 25th Anniversary Edition has been digitally remastered for the first time, and includes three bonus live concert solos from longtime Petra members Bob Hartman (guitar), John Lawry (keyboards), and Louie Weaver (drums). This Means War! was Petra's 10th studio recording and received a GRAMMY® nomination for Best Gospel Performance. The project features the Christian radio classics "Get On Your Knees And Fight Like A Man," "Don't Let Your Heart Be Hardened," and the title cut.
More Power To Ya: 30th Anniversary Edition has also been digitally remastered for the first time, and includes bonus live cuts of "Stand Up," "Judas' Kiss," and the title cut. Considered by many Petra fans as the group's definitive recording from the '80s, More Power To Ya was originally released in 1982 and marked the band's fifth project. Billboard magazine heralded the collection a "Top Album Pick" and praised the band's "surging music, tough lyrics and effective vocals." More Power To Ya contains some of the most popular Christian songs of that decade, including "Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows," "Second Wind" and the seminal title cut.
In addition, Petra - Best of the '80s was released last month, featuring 10 of the band's signature songs. A virtual retrospective of Christian rock throughout the decade, Petra - Best of the '80s includes "Bema Seat," "The Coloring Song," "He Came, He Saw, He Conquered," "It Is Finished" and "Thankful Heart."
"More Power To Ya and This Means War! were two 'turning-point' albums in Petra's career and we are so happy to see them available to the fans again with the release of these special Anniversary Edition CDs," said Petra founding member Bob Hartman.
Like Us on Facebook
Founded in 1972, Petra went on to help define the sound of Christian rock, pioneering a new musical genre for countless artists to follow. During their tenure, Petra recorded 20 albums, selling nearly 10 million units; performed sold-out shows at arenas across the country; scored numerous #1 Christian radio singles; garnered four GRAMMY® and 10 Dove Awards; and helped lead countless people to Christ. Petra was the first rock band to be inducted in the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. Band members Bob Hartman, Mark Kelly, John Lawry, Greg X. Volz and Louie Weaver continue to tour as Classic Petra, and recently performed a series of concerts in Norway, Germany, Hungary and Britain. For a complete tour schedule, visit www.classicpetra.com.
This Means War!: 25th Anniversary Edition and More Power To Ya: 30th Anniversary Edition retail for $9.99, while Petra - Best of the '80s retails for $7.99. All recordings are are available at your local Christian bookstore or online.
About EMI Christian Music Group:
Established in 1994, EMI CMG is the world's largest Christian music organization and includes EMI CMG Distribution and EMI CMG Publishing in addition to EMI CMG Label Group and EMI Gospel. It is part of EMI Music North America which is a part of EMI Group. For further information, please visit www.emicmg.com.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK