Nichole Nordeman Pens Poignant, Personal Look at God’s Love Story
Dove Award-winning singer/songwriter Nichole Nordeman offers a poignant and personal look at God's relentless pursuit of humanity with Love Story, due August 28 from Worthy Publishing. Subtitled The Hand That Holds Us from the Garden to the Gates, Nordeman's first book traces God's unyielding mission from the beginning of time to rescue His beloved, in our most fragile and broken condition.
Based on the best-selling multi-artist recording, Music Inspired By The Story (EMI/WOW), which Nordeman co-wrote, Love Story exposes the humanity and more emotional underside of our most beloved biblical characters. Spanning Adam and Eve's painful choice in the garden, Abraham and Sarah's crawl through infertility, Mary's teenage journey as a young, unlikely mother, Paul's staggering encounter with Jesus on a dirt road, and the hope we cling to as we imagine His return. Nordeman does not simply offer these stories from her own perspective, but bravely weaves her own life's fumbling and failures into each chapter, leaving these iconic men and women of the Bible looking less heroic and a little more human. Her poetic observations point ultimately to the all-consuming love of God for all of us.
"In every story and on every page, from the garden to the gates, I encountered God's people tucking His love into their satchels, sewing it into their robes, clutching it in fear, clawing at in anger, carving it into caves, collapsing into it, rejoicing, repenting, revising and rewriting their stories because they were...we are...so perfectly loved," says Nordeman. "The Bible is the ultimate used book that's falling apart in perfect condition, much like its cast of characters. Love stories, all of them."
Like Us on Facebook
"If Nichole Nordeman weren't so curious, creative, clever, and convicted, our generation would be missing its finest songs and pages," said pastor and best-selling author Max Lucado. "But she is curious, creative, clever, and convicted. And since she is, you are holding a book that will blow the dust off an old faith and give structure to a young one. Read it!"
Nichole Nordeman is a recording artist and songwriter for Sparrow Records/EMI Christian Music Group, with numerous #1 and Top 10 singles to her credit and cumulative CD sales of over one million. A two-time Gospel Music Association winner for Female Vocalist of the Year, she has won a total of nine Dove Awards, including one recently as the lyricist on the best-selling album, Music Inspired By The Story. She lives with her family in Tulsa, OK. Connect with her on Twitter @nicholenordeman.
Worthy Publishing (www.worthypublishing.com), a division of Worthy Media, Inc., is a privately held company whose mission is helping people experience the heart of God. Worthy is an independent voice in Christian publishing, managing editorial, marketing, publicity, sales, and distribution from its home offices in Brentwood, TN. Worthy focuses on a boutique list of new books each year, crossing a broad spectrum of genres, including fiction, Bible study, current events, devotionals, biography, leadership, specialized Bibles, as well as spiritual and personal growth.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK