Newsong to Perform National Anthem at Bank of America 500 Saturday on ABC
GRAMMY®-nominated Christian music mainstay NewSong is slated to perform the national anthem before Saturday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bank of America 500 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina. The race will be broadcast nationally on ABC beginning at 7:30 pm ET.
Among race week events, NewSong, along with former Newsboys member Phil Joel, headlined a fundraising event benefitting Motor Racing Outreach (MRO) last night. Proceeds from the evening will support the non-profit organization, which was founded in 1988 by NASCAR drivers and their wives in response to the need for a "church" for those traveling and competing on the NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR Nationwide circuits. MRO also facilitates pastoral care and support to the millions of fans who follow NASCAR. NewSong's latest hit single, "The Same God," serves as the 2012 theme song for MRO.
NewSong's unparalleled 30-year ministry includes a GRAMMY® Award nomination, 17 albums, and 20 #1 Christian radio singles, as well as the beloved holiday classic and multi-format hit "The Christmas Shoes." Founders of The Winter Jam Tour Spectacular-the #1 tour in the world for the first quarters of 2011 and 2012-NewSong has hosted the unprecedented event since its inception in 1995.
The band is slated to hit the road this fall for the West Coast leg of Winter Jam, which will be headlined by GRAMMY® winning multi-platinum recording artist TobyMac. In addition, NewSong's annual "Very Merry Christmas Tour" kicks-off November 29 in Atlanta and will also feature Francesca Battistelli, Building 429 and special guest Jonny Diaz.
Like Us on Facebook
Pictured at last night's Motor Racing Outreach (MRO) benefit, headlined by NewSong and Phil Joel, are (l-r) NASCAR's Blake Koch and Josh Wise; Phil Joel; NewSong's Eddie Carswell; NASCAR's Justin Allgaier; NewSong's Billy Goodwin, Matt Butler, Jack Pumphrey, Mark Clay and Russ Lee; and NASCAR's David Gilliland and David Ragan.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK