Mindy McCready's Mother Welcomes Fans to Join the Public Celebration of McCready's Life
Mindy McCready was found dead on her front porch in Arkansas last week, February 17th. Neighbors notified the Cleburne Country Sheriff's Office after hearing gunshots. Former country music singer, McCready shot herself and pet dog on the same front porch her former boyfriend, and father to her youngest son died a month earlier. McCready was 37 years old.
Her family announced her funeral today would be open to the public. The funeral for McCready will be held at a Baptist church in Ft. Myers, FL.
Like Us on Facebook
"Mindy's life was public and the family welcomes friends and fans to join them in a celebration of Mindy's life," McCready's mother, Gayle Inge said in a statement. A memorial service is being planned for Nashville later this month.
McCready's three brothers Timothy, Joshua, and Colton McCready will serve as pallbearers at the funeral. Instead of flowers, the family has asked fans and supporters to send donations to the Mindy McCready Children's Trust at a bank in Ft. Myers.
Former fiancée, actor and writer Dean Cain spoke for the first time on the tragic suicide.
"I'm saddened to hear of her passing, but I'm not surprised," says Cain, who started seeing McCready in 1997. Of McCready's rehab stint Cain commented: "She was never abusive or addictive with me, but red flags were everywhere. Everything she did was a manipulation of sorts. She would just get combative."
Following the death of her boyfriend David Wilson in January, the Cleburne Country Sheriff's Office told the National Enquirer they were investigating whether Wilson may had been murdered.
"It could take weeks for the state crime lab to complete tests on Mr. Wilson's body, and if you'll notice, it was Mindy McCready's spokesperson--not anyone involved in the investigation--who made the determination that Mr. Wilson's death was due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound,"
The police are investigating motives for murder.
McCready and Wilson had a 10-month old son together, Zayne, who, along with his older brother Zander, were ordered into foster care by a judge after McCready's father testified his daughter had stopped taking care of herself and her children.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to McCready's family.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK