Michael Milton Discusses New Book, Performs Original Songs on Cornerstone TV's FOCUS 4
Author, theologian, and singer/songwriter Dr. Michael Milton will appear as a guest on the Cornerstone Television Network's weekday flagship program, Focus 4, on Friday, November 23, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. E.T. and 8 p.m. E.T. (streaming will be available at ctvn.org).
During the one-hour segment, host Tom Hollis interviews Milton about his book, Silent No More, and talks with the theologian about his career and ministry as chancellor/CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary. The multi-talented Milton also performs "Jesus Came" from his new Christmas CD, When Heaven Came Down, and "Let the Children Come" from an earlier CD, Through the Open Door, on the segment.
Like Us on Facebook
"The experience was wonderful," Milton says of his Focus 4 appearance, which was taped recently at Cornerstone Television Network's Wall, Pa., studios. "During the interview, Tom and I had the opportunity to discuss many topics, which ranged from how to know one is called to the ministry to my own testimony of Christ saving a blasphemer and transforming him into a Gospel minister. We also talked about my many passions, including how and why I compose music, write books, lead a seminary and how they all relate as one act of service. Through Tom's splendid questions, I was allowed to speak directly to the audience 's heart. Cornerstone TV ranks as one of the best interview sessions and opportunities to perform on television that I have ever been honored to do."
Milton currently is promoting Silent No More, which released in September. The book is a beckoning to Christians, especially pastors, to be "silent no more" and speak out on contemporary issues, such as same sex marriage, sanctity of life, pacifism, defense of free speech, Islamic threats, and the stealing of childhood as those issues relate to the Church and to the world as a whole. Milton also is promoting When Heaven Came Down, the singer/songwriter's first Christmas CD, which was released October 23. The 15-song collection of original compositions evokes a peaceful atmosphere in which to celebrate and contemplate the Advent and Christmas seasons.
Following the Focus 4 airdate, Milton's interview can be viewed in the Cornerstone Television Network archives at ctvn.org/archive.asp.
Photo caption: Michael Milton, left, is interviewed by Tom Hollis, right, host of Cornerstone Television Network's Focus 4. (Larry James/Cornerstone Television Network photo)
When Heaven Came Down is distributed to retailers through Reformed Theological Seminary (rts.edu/miltonmusic), Fortress Book and Music Service in the U.S. (fortressbookservice.com) and EP Books in the U.K. The music is available on Amazon and through digital download at iTunes and all major online distributors.
For more information about Milton and When Heaven Came Down, visit michaelmilton.org.
About Cornerstone Television Network and Focus 4:
As Cornerstone Television Network's flagship program, Focus 4 is a five days per week, one-hour program challenging its audience to bring the saving power of Jesus Christ to our culture and mobilize believers to utilize their gifts as dynamic witnesses for our Lord.
About Michael Milton:
Milton, the Chancellor and CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary, is an ordained Presbyterian pastor who earned his doctorate degree in theology from The University of Wales and holds multiple degrees from such respected institutions as Knox Theological Seminary, MidAmerica Nazarene University and the Defense Language Institute. He also currently serves as Professor of Pastoral Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary and writes commentaries that appear in national newspapers and publications.
The multi-talented pastor and musician, who Christianitytoday.com has compared to Neil Young, Steven Curtis Chapman and Dan Fogelberg, received rave reviews when his Through the Open Door CD was released in 2011, with Christianitytoday.com calling the music, "...musically opulent and emotionally stirring."
Milton has released three CDs, 15 books and writes for numerous popular and scholarly periodicals. He is the host/speaker of Faith for Living TV (faithforlivingtv.com), a nationally broadcast Bible teaching program. He was appointed to the College of Military Preachers, serves as a Chaplain in the U.S. Army Reserve and is an instructor at the Armed Forces Chaplain School. But anyone who has listened to his music can attest that "stuffy" is not a word that is found in his vocabulary. Much like his friend and sometimes musical collaborator, legendary Christian singer/songwriter Michael Card ("El Shaddai"), Milton has an uncanny ability to unpack complex theological concepts into everyday language that makes them both memorable and accessible.
Milton's current book releases include Silent No More from Tanglewood Publishing in the U.S. and Evangelical Press in the U.K., Songs in the Night: How God Transforms Our Pain to Praise from P&R Publishing, and the third edition of What God Starts, God Completes: Help and Hope for Hurting People from Christian Focus Publications.
For more information on Michael Milton, visit michaelmilton.org.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK