Decorated Singer-Songwriter Matthew West Nominated for Primetime Emmy® Award
Adding to a huge year highlighted by numerous award nods-including nominations for two GRAMMY® Awards, a GMA Dove Award and a Billboard Music Award-decorated Sparrow Records singer-songwriter Matthew West can now add an Emmy nomination to that ever-growing list. West was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Original Music and Lyrics for his song "The Heart of Christmas" from the film The Heart of Christmas.
The 64th Primetime Emmy® Awards program will air on September 23rd, live on ABC Television at 8e|5p. The nominations were announced by the The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on Thursday morning (7/19), presented by Kerry Washington of "Scandal" and Jimmy Kimmel, who is hosting the Emmys.
Like Us on Facebook
"I am honored to have had the chance to be a part of the movie The Heart of Christmas," says West. "When I wrote the song, I never even imagined being recognized in this way, but I am thankful and hope this Emmy® nomination will shine a greater light on this little movie with a big heart."
THE HEART OF CHRISTMAS movie inspired by GRAMMY®-nominated singer-songwriter Matthew West's viral holiday hit, "One Last Christmas," debuted on gmc (Gospel Music Channel) on Dec. 4, 2011, and was the highest-rated gmc world-premiere movie in the history of the cable channel. West's Christmas album, The Heart of Christmas, also released in late 2011 features the title track and theme song for the movie along with the viral hit "One Last Christmas," which was a Top 10 hit at mainstream AC radio, and appearances by GRAMMY® winners and nominees Vince Gill, Amy Grant and Mandisa from American Idol.
The gmc world-premiere movie stars include Candace Cameron Bure (Make It or Break It, Full House), Burgess Jenkins (Remember the Titans, The Reaping), Kelsey Kingsbury, George Newbern (Father of the Bride, Justice League), Dendrie Taylor (The Fighter, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood), and GRAMMY®-nominated recording artist Matthew West. THE HEART OF CHRISTMAS is based on a true story that made national headlines when a community in central Illinois decorated their houses for Christmas several weeks early for a two-year-old boy battling a rare form of leukemia. The movie unfolds as one family's grief is eased by the love and support of their community and the life-changing legacy their son, Dax Locke, left behind, which reminds us all to cherish every moment.
About Matthew West:
Lauded by The New York Times as "a vivid and compelling songwriter with impressive approaches to the familiar," two-time GRAMMY ® nominee Matthew West's discography includes acclaimed releases: Happy (2003), History (2005) and Something to Say (2008). His latest studio album, The Story ofYour Life, was inspired by 10,000 stories from every state in the U.S. and 20 countries. The album released on October 5, 2010, and garnered attention from CNN Online, Fox News, Billboard Magazine, Country Weekly, American Songwriter and more. The Story of Your Life gave West the largest street week debut of his career selling over10,000 units the first week landing at No. 3 on Christian Soundscan, and No. 41 on the Billboard Top 200. In conjunction with Harvest House Publishers, West teamed up with bestselling author Angela Thomas for "The Story of Your Life" book. The Heart of Christmas marked West's first full-length Christmas project which also boasts the top 10 mainstream AC radio hit "The Heart of Christmas." A multiple ASCAP "Song of the Year" winner, West has had four No. 1 radio hits including his latest GRAMMY®-nominated tune "Strong Enough." His songwriting credits include cuts by Rascal Flatts, Billy Ray Cyrus, Diamond Rio and more. His sixth studio album, Into The Light, will be released on September 25, 2012.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK