Matt Redman Partners With the Nonprofit End It Movement
Sunday, February 10, was a busy day for CCM superstar Matt Redman. The vocalist was in Los Angeles to attend the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, and he won - twice. His praise and worship anthem "10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)" was voted Best Contemporary Christian Music Song (tied with Israel Houghton's "Your Presence is Heaven") and Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance.
Like Us on Facebook
But since then, things have been just as hectic for Redman - especially considering his support of the End It Movement, a nonprofit that is working to abolish slavery and human trafficking worldwide.
The following statement is from the organization's website:
Slavery is Wrong. You know it. We know it. As a country, we've officially known it since 1863. But here's something you might not know - slavery still exists. We want every man, women and child to know that there are 27 million men, women and children, just like them, living in the shadows. In brothels. In factories. In quarries. Working as slaves. In 161 countries. Including our own. We are here to shine a light on slavery. No more bondage. No more sex trafficking. No more child laborers. No more, starting now.
The End It Movement gives away 100% of the funds raised through its website to its Coalition Partners - other organizations who are on the front lines tackling slavery, in all its forms, head-on. Affiliated groups include The A21 Campaign, an organization that prevents trafficking through awareness and education, protects those who have been trafficked and prosecutes traffickers; Made In A Free World, which provides businesses and consumers solutions to remove slavery from supply chains; and the International Justice Mission, a collective of lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals who work with local officials to rescue victims, prosecute perpetrators and protect the poor.
In addition to financial gifts, the End It Movement also encourages individuals to take action by downloading educational tool kits and spreading the message in their communities, as well as by heightening awareness via social media.
Finanlly, if you're interested in learning about Matt Redman's songwriting process and how he crafts hits like "10,000 Reasons," watch his six-minute documentary, Sing Like Never Before, below.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK