MARY MARY Wins TWO NAACP IMAGE AWARDS
An unprecedented winning streak for Gospel and Urban music's incomparable sister duo, Mary Mary leads them into Grammy® week. Already three-time Grammy® winners, Tina and Erica Campbell are double nominees in the upcoming Grammy® Awards this Sunday, February 10th, 2013.
The ladies have been on a fast track since the beginning of 2013, hosting the Stellar Awards where they won five awards, including Best Group of the Year, Urban/Inspirational Single of the Year for "Go Get It," Special Event CD of the Year for Go Get It, Music Video of the Year for "Go Get It," and Producer of the Year.
Like Us on Facebook
A whirlwind promotional trip to New York City followed this past week where they were invited to perform at the Reverend Jesse Jackson's Annual Wall Street Project's Access to Capital Luncheon, honoring former New York Governor David Paterson and music business legend Berry Gordy. President Bill Clinton was the keynote speaker.
The duo rushed back to LA for the NAACP Image Awards on Friday, February 1st. Previous nominees, the ladies won big this year, scoring double awards for Best Duo and for Best Gospel Album for their hit cd, Go Get It.
Showing no signs of fatigue following recent births welcomed by Erica and Tina, their careers continue to blaze forward. In 2012, Mary Mary released their chart-topping cd and single of the same name, Go Get It, as WE tv launched their hit series in the spring, and Season 2 later in the year. The sisters gave birth within six months of each other, both welcoming healthy bouncing bundles of joy.
In the last few weeks of 2012 Mary Mary, already triple Grammy® winners, garnered double Grammy® Award Nominations for Best Gospel Song and Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance for "Go Get It," also prominently featured in their hit reality series from Season 1.
Billboard Magazine ranked Go Get It, the single and cd in the top 5 and top 10 respectively in the magazine's year-end 2012 issue, and also ranked the duo among the top Gospel Albums Artists Best of 2012 chart in the same issue.
"Mary Mary," the WE tv series which airs Thursdays at 9PM ET/PT, received a CableFAX Award in the faith-based category for Best Show or Series. Interactive One's Digital Gospel Music Awards listed "Go Get It" as Best Gospel Video of the Year.
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK