Lupe Fiasco Kicked Off Inaugural Party Stage for Criticizing President Obama
Rap star and "Kick Push" creator, Lupe Fiasco was kicked off stage at an inauguration show late Sunday night for using the concert to criticize President Barack Obama.
As part of the StartUp RockOn private inauguration party at Hamilton Theater in Washington, the free speech fiasco started when the rapper sang the lyrics from his 2011 track, "Words I Never Said," from Fiasco's third studio album, "Lasers."
"Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist
Gaza Strip was getting bombed, Obama didn't say shit
That's why I ain't vote for him, next one either
I'm part of the problem; my problem is I'm peaceful"
Like Us on Facebook
StartUp RockOn, the party planners, intended the show to celebrate Internet start-up companies and insist Fiasco was removed from the stage for non-political reasons. When RockOn representatives could tell the crowd was tired of hearing the same song for 30 minutes they decided to move on to the next act, according to the Washington Post.
Fiasco repeated the song several times for what seemed like a never-ending anti-Obama rant. In the Now This Is News clip of the performance, the crowd's reaction seems divided between cheering and jeering. After refusing, upon request, to switch to a new song, the lights were cut off and large men in black suits approached Fiasco to escort him offstage.
Why they asked Fiasco to perform is confusing enough. To then be surprised by the rapper's disposition, who once referred to Obama as a "terrorist" (Rolling Stone Magazine), is beyond comprehension.
- TobyMac Introduces Recent Gotee Records Signee, Ryan Stevenson
- Mark Schultz "All Things Possible" Cruise Tour 2014 / Jimmy Needham and Cindy Morgan Special Guests
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK