Luminate Set To Release Sophomore Project "Welcome To Daylight" August 28th With Sparrow Records; "Banner Of Love" First Radio Single
Sparrow Records announces the anticipated release from pop/rock band Luminate, titled Welcome To Daylight. Releasing August 28th, the project was produced by Chris Stevens (TobyMac, Britt Nicole) and Pete Kipley (MercyMe, Phil Wickham). Welcome To Daylight is the follow-up to Luminate's 2011 Dove Award-nominated debut, Come Home.
"Welcome to Daylight is about opening your eyes for the first time and seeing this world through God's eyes," shares Luminate front man Sam Hancock. "We strive to love as Christ did, realizing that God moves in and through everything, and knowing it's all a part of a master plan designed by the Creator of the universe. It's realizing that not only is God stronger than our weakness, but He is a loving Father who delights in His children spending time pursuing Him and fulfilling His plan for our lives."
Like Us on Facebook
This is a lesson that the members of Luminate - Hancock/vocals, Cody Clark/guitar, Dusty Jakubik/bass, and Aaron Mathew/drums - can relate to firsthand. Since 2005, they have tirelessly been following their God-centered musical path with endurance and perseverance, and now their sophomore effort, the band decided to simply center themselves on making an authentic album of its generation.
"Every record we have strived to consistently evolve lyrically, spiritually, and musically, but for Welcome To Daylight, we went all out," assures Hancock. "It's a record full of hope and joy, leaving our past regrets behind, allowing the Holy Spirit to overcome our fears, and embracing the life of hope and purpose that God has for all of us. You might even find yourself wanting to dance to a song or two." This is likely with the high energy - and first radio single - "Banner Of Love," which is currently on rotation at 43 AC stations and 12 CHR stations with eight new adds this week. "Banner Of Love" is being heard on KLOVE as well as in large markets such as Houston, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Grand Rapids and Tampa.
"'Banner Of Love' is a huge jump for us musically," states Hancock. "We are always wanting to find the next step without losing the core of who Luminate is. We wanted this song to be high energy because it's a song of motivation about being the hands and feet of Jesus in our everyday life." To hear the single "Banner Of Love," please click here.
After summer nuptials for Hancock who married Anna Smith, the daughter of Michael W. Smith, Luminate will take to the road this fall supporting the Newsboys' God's Not Dead Tour, hitting 35 dates across the nation.
On the verge of releasing Welcome To Daylight, Luminate has never been clearer when it comes to the vision they have for their ministry. "We can't wait for the world to hear it. It's kind of like you have planned a huge surprise party for someone and it takes all of your energy to not just blurt it out before the day of the party," concludes Hancock. "We will take the message of purpose and true fulfillment in a life pursuing Christ as far as God allows. The tool that we use to do that is music and ministry on the road."
Connect with Luminate at:
Welcome To Daylight song listing:
1.Welcome To Daylight
2. Wake Up
3. Banner Of Love
4. Heal This Home
5. The Only Thing That Matters
6. Never Give Up
7. Battle For Peace
8. This Ends Tonight
9. Love Is Loud
10. Living In A Memory
11. Holds Us All Together
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK