Lopez Lomong Shares his Life Story of a lost Boy from the Killing Fields of Sudan to an Olympic Athlete in the Book 'Running for My Life'
Lopez Lomong, born in Sudan's Kimotong in 1985 became American citizen in 2007. Lomong's book 'Running for my Life', speaks about life of a barefoot boy of the Sudanese Civil War who became a Nike sponsored athlete on the US Olympic Team.
As a child, Lomong was taken from his family and was forced to become a soldier in Sudanese Civil War. As a teenager he was adopted by an American family. The book takes the reader on a journey of one who suffered but was saved, so he can help save many who are in the situation in which he was before.
Like Us on Facebook
Lomong spends the rest of his time working through the Lopez Lomong Foundation that helps improving the lives of many innocent victims of Sudanese Civil War.
"This true story of a Sudanese child refugee who became an Olympic star is powerful proof that God gives hope to the hopeless and shines a light in the darkest places. Don't be surprised if after reading this incredible tale, you find yourself mysteriously drawn to run alongside him." -RICHARD STEARNS, president, World Vision US and author of The Hole in Our Gospel
"Lopez Lomong's story is one of true inspiration. His life is a story of courage, hard work, never giving up, and having hope where there is hopelessness all around. Lopez is a true role model." - MICHAEL JOHNSON, Olympic Gold Medalist
In his book 'Running for my Life', Lopez Lomong shares the story of diligence and faith despite the hard circumstances. Lomong aims in his book to remind the readers that saving one can help to save many more.
Lopez Lomong's 'Running for my Life' was released through Thomas Nelson. Find more information by clicking here.
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK